• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So I been looking forward to getting a Sony phone but doing some research it seems that they botched it with not putting in a good DAC. Am i right on this? I mean this is Sony here, makers of the Walkman. I thought they wanted to make a mutimedia device to kill the competition. So how did they screw this up? I know that they have the app to tune headphones if you are using sony headphones and "hi-res" but you need to use it with an external dac/amp, really?....c'mon. Might just have to wait for the S6. Was really looking forward to a great Sony phone.

Upvote 0
Got the Sony Xperia Z3v and loving it. Battery life is insanely good, fast as can be, camera is great, display is best of all, closest to 6500 Kelvin (6550), almost perfect.
Cases are the problem, not many to choice from just yet.
Congrats! I am also loving my Z3v! The battery life is exactly as you say...insanely good! I have better battery life than what everyone in the Turbo forums are reporting. It is truly the most underrated, berated, underestimated, and misunderstood device on Verizon. It's crazy good. I've had it since launch day and haven't had a single glitch or lag, it's reception rivals Motorola, great camera, beautiful display.... amazing device!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones