• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Xposed Framework? Error? Help!

I get this error in my log when I start up Xposed. The odd thing is that it even says it's installed and active? But on the main page it shows "The latest version of Xposed is currently not active. Did you install the framework and reboot?" Yet I did countless times but when I go into the "Framework" area it shows (app_process "58") Under active. Along with (XposedBridge.jar "54") Active as well. Yet it won't let me install modules? Please help! Here is my error log

Aug 25, 2014 6:08:21 AM UTC
Loading Xposed v54 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'Y301A1V100R001C85B138' with fingerprint 'MetroPCS/Y301A1/hwY301A1:4.1.1/HuaweiY301A1/C85B138:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys'
Errors during Xposed initialization
java.lang.ClassCastException: class android.content.res.XResources doesn't extend class android.content.res.ResourcesEx
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.cloneToSubclass(XposedBridge.java:787)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.hookResources(XposedBridge.java:365)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.initXbridgeZygote(XposedBridge.java:267)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:117)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Can I ask a question not to kick off the topic with laughs but can I ask are you rooted . if your rooted what platform are you on . if anything other than 4.4 it wont work .

I see others are using the same phone as me? And seeing is how there are no custom ROMs yet they are using the same stock iam..And it's working for them? Yes I'm rooted and I'm using 4.1.1. It even shows it all in the Error log..

"Running ROM 'Y301A1V100R001C85B138' with fingerprint 'MetroPCS/Y301A1/hwY301A1:4.1.1/HuaweiY301A1"

Also it even says on the main site of Xposed...

"Note that this only works with root access on Android 4.0.3 or later."

Upvote 0
Try to use this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpo...rect)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=194162606

How to install:
First step for everything you do: Create a nandroid backup and make sure you know how to restore it!
I'm not responsible for anything*you*do with your phone/tablet/rice cooker.
There is also the risk to soft-brick your device. In such a case, see below for ways to recover from it.

Installation of the framework:Download the Xposed Installer APK and install itLaunch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"RebootDone!

Its also a app in the play store . watch the video big help

Upvote 0
Try to use this thread

Xposed - General info, versions & changelog - XDA Forum

How to install:
First step for everything you do: Create a nandroid backup and make sure you know how to restore it!
I'm not responsible for anything*you*do with your phone/tablet/rice cooker.
There is also the risk to soft-brick your device. In such a case, see below for ways to recover from it.

Installation of the framework:Download the Xposed Installer APK and install itLaunch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"RebootDone!

Its also a app in the play store . watch the video big help

I know how to install it I have done it countless times on my other phones. This is just the first time I've done it on this one and it won't work no matter what I do. I've uninstalled and re-installed about 4 times still does/says the same thing...

Upvote 0
I am also getting same error......I get this error in my log when I start up Xposed. The odd thing is that it even says it's installed and active? But on the main page it shows "The latest version of Xposed is currently not active. Did you install the framework and reboot?" Yet I did countless times but when I go into the "Framework" area it shows (app_process "58") Under active. Along with (XposedBridge.jar "54") in 4.4.2 kitkat.....through kingo root......what will i do now??

Upvote 0
I am also getting same error......I get this error in my log when I start up Xposed. The odd thing is that it even says it's installed and active? But on the main page it shows "The latest version of Xposed is currently not active. Did you install the framework and reboot?" Yet I did countless times but when I go into the "Framework" area it shows (app_process "58") Under active. Along with (XposedBridge.jar "54") in 4.4.2 kitkat.....through kingo root......what will i do now??

For what device & firmware version?

Try installing an older version of Xposed and see if it works.

Upvote 0
I have samsung note 3 and its rooted mobile. I hav installed custom rom with note 5 and S7 feautures. I have installed xposed installer and framework. But when i go inside xposed framework its show blank green hyphens "---" for both app process and xposed bridge. The rooted apps like wanam xposed and youtube adaway is not working though i installed xposed perfectly. In framework it says"Installation is only possible via manual recovery"..

Pls help

My phone running on lollipop v5.0.2.
Phone model galxy note 3 n900.(now changed to N9200 after flash custom rom).
ARM 32 version 7.
Sdk21

Installed xposed:
Xposed v65 arm sdk21. arter97 V5 generic
Xposed installer v3.o alpha 1.

Upvote 0
I have samsung note 3 and its rooted mobile. I hav installed custom rom with note 5 and S7 feautures. I have installed xposed installer and framework. But when i go inside xposed framework its show blank green hyphens "---" for both app process and xposed bridge. The rooted apps like wanam xposed and youtube adaway is not working though i installed xposed perfectly. In framework it says"Installation is only possible via manual recovery"..

Pls help

My phone running on lollipop v5.0.2.
Phone model galxy note 3 n900.(now changed to N9200 after flash custom rom).
ARM 32 version 7.
Sdk21

Installed xposed:
Xposed v65 arm sdk21. arter97 V5 generic
Xposed installer v3.o alpha 1.

What custom recovery did you use to install Xposed? Maybe it wasn't installed completely.

Just fyi, not every module will work on your phone. Be sure to look at the requirements before installing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones