• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods xposed framework & # of icons on the home screen [Root only]

VMuser

Oct 7, 2011
Is there a way to increase the grid on the home screen using Xposed as the framework? In other words I would like to increase the number of Icons and/or widgets in my home screen without loading a different ROM or using a different Launcher.

Is there a module that can do this?

My device is a Samsung S4 Mini.

Thx

Thank you for the input Lucky, but the notes state that this is not compatible with "vastly modified by device manufacturers". I am using a Samsung S4 Mini.
That disclaimer is just to advise people that not all features will work with all devices, and that no assistance will be offered for non-supported devices. The functionality you're after may still work though. Failing that, you could try Wanam Xposed.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
You can define up to 7 rows and 6 columns on the stock launcher using the Xposed module, Gravity Box [KK]. The Jelly Bean version offers similar choices.

Lucky....I have Wanam Xposed, and I installed Gravity Box, but I cans see where I would be able to increase the number of Rows and Columns. I also tried the GEL module, but it wont work with TouchWiz. Any Ideas?

Or If anyone knows where in the system the settings are, let me know.

Thx

R

Upvote 0
In Gravity Box, under "Launcher tweaks":
Screenshot_2015-02-05-16-45-29.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones