• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xposed lollipop!

One of my internet pals posted this to let me know that it's working:
azq6B7Fl.png

:rofl:

Upvote 0
It's been met with mixed reviews on g+ lol. My rom developer buddies are groaning because they have to put up with bug reports from users saying "your rom iz brokened" "are you running any mods or custom kernel?" "yeah I'm running Super Dooper Kernel Beta and like 1000 modules on your fully featured custom rom"........." GTFO" lol.
I was always a big fan of Xposed when kitkat was just launched and the roms were still pretty bare but don't think it should be used on a rom brimming with features.. Just on stock rooted nexi or phones with no dev support :thumbsupdroid:

Congrats to Rovo89 btw ;thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hook and crutchcorn
Upvote 0
It's been met with mixed reviews on g+ lol. My rom developer buddies are groaning because they have to put up with bug reports from users saying "your rom iz brokened" "are you running any mods or custom kernel?" "yeah I'm running Super Dooper Kernel Beta and like 1000 modules on your fully featured custom rom"........." GTFO" lol.
I was always a big fan of Xposed when kitkat was just launched and the roms were still pretty bare but don't think it should be used on a rom brimming with features.. Just on stock rooted nexi or phones with no dev support :thumbsupdroid:
Well duh, there are always going to be the id10ts that flash alpha stuff and don't pay attention to the words "only if you know what you're doing" [emoji14]

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Well duh, there are always going to be the id10ts that flash alpha stuff and don't pay attention to the words "only if you know what you're doing" [emoji14]
Hey that's me! :D

That's why they invented the nandroid backup.

Put pieces together, see what happens, if it breaks, don't whine, just restore.

I have a VERY featureful rom - one the richest - ViperOneM8.

It includes Xposed support in the Venom settings - for those idiots that won't listen because you don't need that stuff and won't be supported if you go there (harsh but fair paraphrasing of the dev team's statements).

I'd be lost without my security patch (I didn't have to wait for the rom update and now can wait for something more major), my ability to rotate my screen 360 (for most apps) and a lot more. Here's some of it.

1423944339153.jpg

The ability to patch a system vulnerability almost when it was announced, and long before any updates made me an Xposed believer, right there.

Upvote 0
I would like to get myself educated with the Xposed stuff.
Gonna have to wait though until I can catch a decent smartphone that isn't registered... can't afford to brick my 911 phone (wife's med condition)
Don't think I've ever heard of Xposed bricking anything mate. Isn't there an uninstaller script you can run if anything goes wrong?

Upvote 0

It includes Xposed support in the Venom settings - for those idiots that won't listen because you don't need that stuff and won't be supported if you go there (harsh but fair paraphrasing of the dev team's statements).

I'd be lost without my security patch (I didn't have to wait for the rom update and now can wait for something more major), my ability to rotate my screen 360 (for most apps) and a lot more. Here's some of it.

View attachment 82504

The ability to patch a system vulnerability almost when it was announced, and long before any updates made me an Xposed believer, right there.
Think the only one of them I used was youtube adaway :thumbsupdroid:
Was a big gravity box fan before the kk roms got their features, then I switched to ART

Upvote 0
P.s. Will this version run on kitkat running in ART or is it purely for LP?

According the the release notes I read in the XDA thread, it's purely v5.0 right now to make debugging easier. Once it functions consistently and correctly a unified release will be forthcoming.

Upvote 0

View attachment 82504

Well most certainly. It's the people that don't read or even try it seems that upset me personally

Upvote 0
Well most certainly. It's the people that don't read or even try it seems that upset me personally
Yeah.

For me, it's the ones who read and come back saying, "I didn't like your advice so I asked elsewhere, took their advice and now it's worse. What do I think I should do now?"

Anymore I just lmao, smh, and wish them the best. :D

Reactions: jma9454 and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Yeah.

For me, it's the ones who read and come back saying, "I didn't like your advice so I asked elsewhere, took their advice and now it's worse. What do I think I should do now?"

Anymore I just lmao, smh, and wish them the best. :D
No EM you take them by the hand, kiss them on the cheek and lead them on the merry way to enlightenment.... Because that's the AF way ;D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones