• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xposed On Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL

linsalata28

Jul 23, 2010
Philadelphia PA
These are my findings. I'm in no way telling anyone that this is a 100% full proof. Every phone can react differently.

I found this link on xda on how to get Xposed working for us so I'll post the link for anyone else that wants to try.
It worked fine for me.

Link to XDA

I'm going to list the models I find working and if anyone else wants to share what they find I'll update my post.

So far I have these Xposed Modules.

Working

:GravityBox for lollipop
Most settings work.

:Xposed Additions
It only worked after enabling the navigation key actions on GravityBox

:Xblast Tools
Some of the settings work.

:Android N-ify
I've only used the status bar MODs.

:Resolver Activity Tweaks
Description:
This module changes the look and behavior of the dialog shown when picking an activity (app) to open a URL or document (intent).
On Lollipop, by default, you get a list of apps the very first time a given document type is opened.
Then, for the subsequent times, the last app is shown at the top, with an "Always" and a "Once" buttons, and the other apps are pushed down another header.
This is the default dialog for the latter case:

Not working

:LPThemer

:Lockscreen Visulizer Xposed

Last edited:
Are you rooted with SuperSU? If so you can just use flashfire. If you have kingroot's thing, you'll have to do it another way that involves terminal emulator and some files, I forgot what the exact steps are though. I did it that way, check the XDA thread for our phone for that method
I have root but I'm still on kingroot. I've been reluctant to use Super-SUME to get SuperSU. I've read a few people bricked thier phones using it.
So you do have Xposed working on this phone?
I love this phone but I'm actually thinking about getting something different just cause I haven't found a way to get it to work.
Can you please post a link to the xda thread?
I've been searching and everything I've found says not to try it cause it will brick the phone.
Thanks for the help.

Reactions: MigDaMusicMan
Upvote 0
I have root but I'm still on kingroot. I've been reluctant to use Super-SUME to get SuperSU. I've read a few people bricked thier phones using it.
So you do have Xposed working on this phone?
I love this phone but I'm actually thinking about getting something different just cause I haven't found a way to get it to work.
Can you please post a link to the xda thread?
I've been searching and everything I've found says not to try it cause it will brick the phone.
Thanks for the help.

Yeah definitely do not use supersume unless you're willing to pay for the pro version because you will be bricked, I will attach a link to the thread but I'm not sure exactly what page the steps are on, I believe they're somewhere around 60. Those guys have made a lot of progress with this phone, someone even figured out how to switch to SuperSU without supersume or risk of brick so you should definitely check that out as well (I hate that kingroot always runs in the background). If you or anyone else needs more help I'm happy to try :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/alcatel-one-touch-fierce-xl-5054n-t3244169

Edit: bernardr's 2nd post on page 62 is the most helpful to install xposed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-26-08-39-04.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-26-08-39-04.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Reactions: linsalata28
Upvote 0
Yeah definitely do not use supersume unless you're willing to pay for the pro version because you will be bricked, I will attach a link to the thread but I'm not sure exactly what page the steps are on, I believe they're somewhere around 60. Those guys have made a lot of progress with this phone, someone even figured out how to switch to SuperSU without supersume or risk of brick so you should definitely check that out as well (I hate that kingroot always runs in the background). If you or anyone else needs more help I'm happy to try :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/alcatel-one-touch-fierce-xl-5054n-t3244169

Edit: bernardr's 2nd post on page 62 is the most helpful to install xposed
Thanks! I found a guide on XDA and updated the title and OP of this thread for anyone else looking to get it working.

Upvote 0
I noticed that enabling the navigation key actions in GravityBox caused the haptic feedback on the phone to stop working.

If it happens I got it working again by disabling GravityBox and rebooted.
Xposed Additions still works with it disabled but I want to use GravityBox.
So I cleared the data for GravityBox and enabled it again.
Now I have haptic feedback working and both GravityBox and Xposed Additions. Just don't mess with the navigation key actions in GravityBox again.

I also noticed that my home key wasn't vibrating on the single click so I used Xposed Additions to force haptic feedback for all my buttons.
I know a lot of people don't like to have haptic feedback on but I like to have it on so that I can feel that hitting the buttons worked.

If your like me and like to have your capacitive backlights always on while the screen is on and if your using this setup and can't use the setting in GravityBox cause you'll lose haptic feedback.
I'm using a app called Capacitive Buttons free version

Upvote 0
WOW that is a lot of models.
Have you tried many settings on them?
I have to give a few a try.

Most of them work fully except for n-ify (missing some header qs icons and double tap to switch doesn't work), a few settings in gravitybox as you know don't work as well as a few in wanam and xuimod. Appops crashes on me frequently when I'm trying to access some permissions an app. I'll try to think of anything else

Reactions: linsalata28
Upvote 0
Most of them work fully except for n-ify (missing some header qs icons and double tap to switch doesn't work), a few settings in gravitybox as you know don't work as well as a few in wanam and xuimod. Appops crashes on me frequently when I'm trying to access some permissions an app. I'll try to think of anything else

That's cool. Thanks for posting your findings.
I'll update the OP as soon as i have time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones