• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Xposed?

But they are still arm53 cores though. Should that matter?
ARM-53 is a hardware specification.

ARMv7 is an instruction set (machine language) specification.
Why not backup your device with TWRP? xposed flashes to system so there's no way it can brick your device permanently you can always go in recovery and restore your backup.
So much this!

Upvote 0
ugh i tried the xposed and now it wont boot...im trying to hold the volume button to get into recovery but its not working? can someone help me boot into recovery? i thought i was supposed to hold the volume button down and then release it at the lg logo, then press it again for a few seconds...is this correct?

edit nevermind figured out how to get back into recovery

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ugh i tried the xposed and now it wont boot...im trying to hold the volume button to get into recovery but its not working? can someone help me boot into recovery? i thought i was supposed to hold the volume button down and then release it at the lg logo, then press it again for a few seconds...is this correct?

edit nevermind figured out how to get back into recovery
So you've tried it and no luck :/

Upvote 0
well it said it installed in twrp, but when i rebooted, it stayed on the lg screen for longer than usual...then it finally went to the metro screen but it just stayed there for a long time so i panicked and pulled the battery.

i was able to restore my backup and i thought i read somewhere that i may need busybox installed...even though i thought busybox got installed when i did the one click root, i went ahead and installed it from the playstore to try again.

again it said it installed in twrp, this time i let it stay on the metro screen even longer but it seemed like it was stuck so i restored a backup...do you think i just need to wait longer? also do i really need busybox installed?

im tempted to restore my 5.02 backup and see what happens if i try to install the 5.0 version...

Upvote 0
well it said it installed in twrp, but when i rebooted, it stayed on the lg screen for longer than usual...then it finally went to the metro screen but it just stayed there for a long time so i panicked and pulled the battery.

i was able to restore my backup and i thought i read somewhere that i may need busybox installed...even though i thought busybox got installed when i did the one click root, i went ahead and installed it from the playstore to try again.

again it said it installed in twrp, this time i let it stay on the metro screen even longer but it seemed like it was stuck so i restored a backup...do you think i just need to wait longer? also do i really need busybox installed?

im tempted to restore my 5.02 backup and see what happens if i try to install the 5.0 version...
Oh so you're on android 5.1.1?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones