• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root xRecovery problems

I'm having problems with xRec..
I've got my phone rooted on a 2.1 baseband .58
I installed xrec w/o any problems.
I cannot get into xrec.. I've tried every button while sony pops up, and nothing works.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm trying to install [ROM] XAT CM6FROYO [RC3 | Final Build] [2011-05-26] - xda-developers

Thanks!

Here is what I had to do -

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/320256-xrecovery-not-working.html

Did you also install Busybox?

Here is the xRecovery help page - xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] xRecovery 1.0.0 | NEW FEATURES | 30/05/2011

Requirements:
1. 2.1 STOCK ROM
2. Phone must be rooted

3. Busybox from the market installed

I would install Busybox, and install xRecovery again. Then, BingoRingo says -

Just in case you forgot how to use it: make sure you keep the Back button pressed right after "Sony Ericsson" appears on the screen, and release. Do it again, and again. The menu should appear. I usually keep each shot pushed down for half a second.

Reactions: ribeyesteak
Upvote 0
When I go to install the .zip, i get this

"amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5
please switch to edify scripting (updater=script and update-binary) to create working zip packages.
install aborted"

I was under the impression it gave that error when it is the custom ROM isn't the able to install because of the currently loaded ROM.

Just to confirm, you went through these exact steps -

0.1. Xrecovery
1. Factory reset
2. Wipe cache partition
3. Wipe dalvik cache
4. Wipe Battery stats
5. Install custom ZIP ( XAT_CM6FROYO_RC3_FINAL )
6. Reboot
7. Copy/Paste XAT_CM6FROYO_XML in / SDcard / CMTheme
7.1 Go to : Setting / CyanogenMod Settings / User Interface / Tweaks extras / Select a theme / XAT_CM6FROYO_XML
8. Reboot in Xrecovery
9. Install custom ZIP ( XAT_CM6FROYO_MOD )
10. Reboot

Every one of those steps went through flawlessly.

If it still fails, I would suggest doing a backup....flashing to .58 fresh and go through the steps one more time.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I did do them exactly as they stated, I'll give them a go when I get home from work later, and if the message still pops up, I'll let you know.

I tried google to see if I could find something to fix it, found this [TUT]Edify Installation Script Syntax's - xda-developers but that's not for x10 so I don't know what to do with it/make of it.

Thanks for the help so far.

Upvote 0
Hmm still getting the edify error. I'll try re-flashing .58 and then do it from there, if it doesnt work I'm just gonna quit lol

You aren't using the ROM Updater....you are booting into xRecovery when you do this? Or don't reflash to .58....do 49 or 52 if you want.

Or maybe you aren't suppose to boot into xRecovery....maybe you are suppose to use the ROM Updater.

You could also ask the guy on XDA who made the custom ROM.

Unknown Sources option is on...debug mode is on....make sure SuperUser is installed.....don't know what version of xRecovery you have installed.

Wait a sec....

hmmmmm

Check this - [RECOVERY] xRecovery 1.0.0 | NEW FEATURES | 30/05/2011 - xda-developers

Notes:
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported, was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
I suspect there might be help in that thread.

This thread sound interesting:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post10400641

Program to convert an update-script (amend) to updater-script (edify)

Reactions: ribeyesteak
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones