XT9 driving me nuts!Support

Last Updated:

1. Seven333

Seven333 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a new member and a new HTC Incredible owner. I'm still learning the ins and outs of the phone and 1 thing is driving me crazy! The text message keyboard keeps defaulting to the XT9 setting instead of ABC (using the phone pad keyboard). Even after I switch it to ABC then change over to using the numbers, it goes back to XT9. Anyone else having this issue? How can I keep it defaulted to ABC? BTW, my wife has the Eris and just updated to a new operating system and now her phone is doing the same thing! Drives her nuts too! Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Isn't the regular keyboard set as default when you first turn on your phone? Try switching to regular keyboard, then restart your phone.

3. Seven333

Correct, but I changed the keyboard default to phone keypad. Still seems to default to XT9 even after a reboot. Ugh, this is driving me insane.

4. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

Seven333

I agree with you, I'm frustrated too but for the opposite reason. I come from a BB Pearl and loved XT9 and I want it to default always. The BB Pearl handled typing very well and I got very good at it. I've not been satisfied with portrait typing on the Droid Inc since I got it. Still trying to find a solution. I am sometimes using Ultra Keyboard from the market but found other frustrations with it that I think are really just from the Droid.

5. Zabii

Zabii Well-Known Member

Swype...

6. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

Swype ftw, i just wish i could get it to switch to the htc keyboard in landscape though

7. Seven333

What is swype? I tried the restart mentioned earlier to no avail. I need to figure this out.