• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Xtreme S.A.M.(Smartphone Adventure Mount)

My poor droid. The thingz I put it through!! haha!! I made a mount that originally was goin to hold the droid to anythin I'd like to video. I'm big into huntin and all sortz of outdoor stuff. There weren't any mountz out there to hold it securely enough to handle wut I wuz gonna put that poor joker through... so I made my own! After tinkerin with all sortz of material and different wayz of mountin my droid i finally came up with something i wuz happy with. So the Xtreme S.A.M. wuz born. S.A.M. stands for Smartphone Adventure Mount. My buddiez had the droid x and another had the iPhone 4 so they wanted to make it work for all of them. So I did or it would have been droid somethin I guess. Anyway, I made the mount to go on any & all camera/camcorder mountz on the market. It has the 1/4-20 threaded hole on the bottom so you can attach it to tripodz, headrest mountz in carz, gun camera mountz, bow camera mountz, motorcycle gas tank camera mountz... the possibilitiez are endless. I've tested it with as many camera/camcorder mountz i could possibly put my handz on, and my droid has taken it all!! Super light and rigid. Can handle anythin i've thrown at it or thrown with it!!
Here are some pix...
This is what it looks like now for the ppl that will use it for hunting applications
paint job.jpg
paint job2.jpg

Here it is on a Cruisecam headrest mount
headrest mount 2.jpg

Mounted on my Mossberg 500
gunmnt1.jpg

Mounted on my 2010 Hoyt Maxxis Bone Collector
bowmnt2.jpg

Tell me what ya'll think of it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones