xtrROM 3.0.3 sync

Last Updated:

1. fhsfish

fhsfish Active Member This Topic's Starter

i just flashed xtrROM 3.0.3 last night and have been playing around with it. i love how fast it is and am amazed at the better battery life i'm getting with it. I only have one question though, and that is how to get my contacts to sync their contact pictures with facebook profile pictures? if anyone can provide some help, i would appreciate it. I'm still learning this whole root thing (this is the first ROM i've flashed) so please forgive me if this a dumb question

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

hannahxx, kobel1up and fhsfish like this.
  3. fhsfish

thanks frisco. i'm downloading it right now so i will let you know in a few minutes

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

When you flashed 3.0.3, it also unzipped a couple of other modules. One is xtrROM3.x-SocialSync.zip. Flashing that afterward should give you the HTC Facebook sync function.

5. fhsfish

@doogald: i flashed that package during setup and it still wasn't working

@Frisco: That took care of my problem. Thanks. You are truly a master of this phone. This is about the fourth or fifth question I've had where you responded with the perfect solution. Thanks for all your contributions to this forum.

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That's a nice thing to say, fhsfish. I'm glad I could be of help.

7. teleburst

teleburst Well-Known Member

How do you flash the extra modules?

PS, why do I only have three home screens with this ROM? Is that the default?

8. LED

LED Well-Known Member

You flash the extra modules the same way you flashed the main rom. Default is 3 home screens. If you want more, you'll need to install a different laucher like LauncherPro or ADW Launcher.

9. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

That worked awesome, I didn't need to do anything but install from the market. On a side note, I tried the froyo roms and, I am sticking with the xtrRoms. They are smooth, fast and no crashes.

10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

As soon as the flash finishes, it goes to the Recovery main menu. From there, go back to Flash a zip, and you will see all of the .zip modules for XTR. It's pretty slick.

11. dragonbro

dragonbro Well-Known Member

This worked perfect for me, just flashed the socialsync.zip and all is good

12. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

I have to +1 that. While I have tried several roms from both 2.1 and 2.2 I always come back to xtr.

I would love to see an xtr 2.2 rom. There are several things I like about 2.2.

1. The contact manager or people what ever you call it. In 2.2 it is just seksay.
    2. Facebook set up is better imho.
    3. Widgets just seem more polished.

I like to think of the differences like 2.1 is WinXP interface and 2.2 is Win7.

What I did not like about kaosfroyo... Slow for me, lock screen, and it was still full of bloatware. I saw the amazon.mp3 app still installed and cringed. Overall though I cannot wait for a lean xtr type froyo build.