• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root xtrROM 4.04 Final Beta Release!

Had the FC in messenger in xtrrom 3.0.3 and the 4.0.4 that I'm currently running. Have NOT had it in ELB 2.8, WW 4.6, kaosfroyo v24-27, and CELB 1.9. Seems to primarily happen when switching from vertical to horizontal view while loading messenger. Also had messenger FC'S way back on 1.5 non rooted default..but figured everyone did at one time with that version

Upvote 0
Flashed this last night and very impressed with everything. This rom is the best for everyday stable use. It is fast and zips thru menus and apps with ease.

No issues to report yet. Anyone notice battery draining faster with jit on? Any speed loss when jit toggled off?

Loving it so far.

Upvote 0
Had the FC in messenger in xtrrom 3.0.3 and the 4.0.4 that I'm currently running. Have NOT had it in ELB 2.8, WW 4.6, kaosfroyo v24-27, and CELB 1.9. Seems to primarily happen when switching from vertical to horizontal view while loading messenger. Also had messenger FC'S way back on 1.5 non rooted default..but figured everyone did at one time with that version

Chronic force closes in some ROMs? No force closes in some ROMs? I'm wondering why you're not running one of the ROMs that was good for your device.

Upvote 0
quite honestly I wanted to see what all this talk was about with xtr and after checking it out it IS the fastest rom I've tried yet. I'll probably move back to CELB 2.8 or if I decide to go back to froyo...I'll install kaos. Ahh the joys of root and being able to run what u want (for the most part)

Also the other roms also had their issues as well...if not message force closing I'd have something else wrong so I've yet to find the 'perfect' rom...however I must say XTR seems to have the least issues (only issue I've found/seen so far is the msg fc)

Upvote 0
quite honestly I wanted to see what all this talk was about with xtr and after checking it out it IS the fastest rom I've tried yet. I'll probably move back to CELB 2.8 or if I decide to go back to froyo...I'll install kaos. Ahh the joys of root and being able to run what u want (for the most part

Oh, you're still "ROMing around." ;)

Me, too. I've got my default, but still flash new releases and upgraded versions.. right now xtrROM 4 is being configured for testing on my Eris.

Upvote 0
I keep having trouble with Gmail sync with these xtrROM 4 versions. :(

I've cleared the data for Gmail and Gmail Storage. If I force a manual sync, it will fetch new mail, but otherwise nothing happens. I've got Background Data enabled and all the usual sync options enabled. Argh....

Anyone else having this problem? It looks like I might have to go back to 3.0.3..

Upvote 0
I keep having trouble with Gmail sync with these xtrROM 4 versions. :(

I've cleared the data for Gmail and Gmail Storage. If I force a manual sync, it will fetch new mail, but otherwise nothing happens. I've got Background Data enabled and all the usual sync options enabled. Argh....

Anyone else having this problem? It looks like I might have to go back to 3.0.3..

Yup, same problem here, everything else is very smooth. I ran the sense version for a while, but don't remember having this problem.

OC'd to 710, JIT on , apps and cache to sd on.

Upvote 0
I just rooted last night and installed xtrSense 4.0.4 and I must say his roms are great. My Eris has never run so smooth and fast. This is without any overclocking, JIT is not on, just the basic rom. Also, all of the tutorials and step by step setup instructions on here and on XDA were great and very easy. Thanks everybody. I can't believe it has taken me so long to take the plunge and root.

Upvote 0
Just installed it last night, was running root w/o rom and overclock patch, was doing good then for some reason Saturday it stopped using any keyboard, decided now was as good a time as any, flashed and turned on JIT and Apps2sd(programs and cache) then read Frisco's post about checking and flashed flash10 and lwp, working quite snappy so far, have oc'd to 729.

Upvote 0
I'm trying out xtrROM 4.04 now and I'm liking it. I'm not seeing toooo much of a difference from 3.03. I added flash 10.1. The ROM seems slightly faster, I like the gscript and the quick boot, but I'm still experiencing the 50% no signal bug (found in battery setting).

Does anyone running this or 3.03 know how to get rid of this permanently (not via Airplane mode after ever unplugging). Many many thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones