xtrROM 4.6 and Apps2sd?

Last Updated:

1. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can you use Apps2sd on the xtrROM 4.6? If so, how do I do it? (detailed instructions please, not very tech savvy)

Thanks-
    Jeremy

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Per the instructions in the first message in the XDA thread that supports this ROM:
    1) BACKUP YOUR SD CARD TO YOUR COMPUTER. Can't stress this enough, as partitioning will wipe the entire card.
    2) Reboot into recovery
    3) In Android System Recovery, select Partition sdcard
    4) In the Partition sdcard menu, select Partition SD
    5) Follow the instructions on the phone to partition your SD card. Most folks seem to recommend using the default values however you can go larger or smaller use values 256, 512,768,1024. You will also be asked to set a swap size; I stayed at 32mb (anticipate future ROM options to allow moving swap to sd)
    6) Once the partition is initially created you must then convert to ext3 - In the Partition sdcard menu, select SD:ext2 to ext3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    7) Press the back button on the phone to go back to the main menu. (he says the back button, I suspect it's actually volume down, but I'm not looking at the screen so can't say for sure)
    8) Your SD card is now ready to work with an Apps2sd supported ROM.

All that said, you don't really need to do that with this ROM. Zach has taken to using an otherwise unused area of memory to store some cache in, and the place where cache used to be stored he is now using for apps. If you check your available space I suspect you'll see something in the neighborhood of 95mb - whereas a typical unrooted Eris will show something in the 30's, or less. For now I would suggest that you not go the apps2sd route unless you're REALLY loaded up on apps and are running out of space on the phone.

jhewit22 likes this.
  3. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Duh, thanks. I didn't even think to look at the rom site...appreciate it.