xtrROM 4.6 and Live Wallpapers

Last Updated:

1. hdevine

hdevine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have xtrROM 4.6 on my Eris and I don't think I have live wallpapers installed. I downloaded a live wallpaper pack that I wanted to try,but can't figure out how to use them. I suspect that I have to flash or GScript live wallpapers to use them.

Any ideas?
    Harry

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Harry, Zach's original post on xda-developer's forum for xtrROM is a wealth of information - see [ROM][GPL][10/4/2010] xtrROM4.6 [cache2cache,apps2sd,jit,lwp,oc,flash10] - xda-developers - and has an answer to this question:

I've never tried a live wallpaper myself, but, yes, there is a gscript to enable them. I think others will have to give you advice about where on the market to find ones that work on the Eris.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

+1.

I tried a couple a live wallpapers that came installed on my Droid X (never tried it on my Eris), but never used them for any length of time due to the battery suckage :D.

They are cool / neat, but I wouldn't trade battery life for having them installed for any length of time...

4. hdevine

hdevine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys! Yeah, I found that GScript method about 10 minutes after I sent my question. Go figure! I had a few live wallpapers on earlier, and the battery did go down a little as expected. So I took them off. Just wanted to try it.

Thanks!
    Harry