XTRSENSE cpu governor interactive problem.

Last Updated:

1. travisbickle88

travisbickle88 Member This Topic's Starter

I keep trying to set the cpu governor to interactive however it won't show up when i run report system settings. It just keeps saying it is set to on demand. Can someone please explain what is going on with this.:confused:

Also does anyone know where I could find a script to remove the cynogen mod music player and widgets, I turned them on now i can't get them uninstalled.:D

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

If I'm not mistaken, the default Zanfur kernel in xtrSENSE or xtrROM does not support the interactive governor. You'll have to install a replacement kernel - Conap's BFS or CFS - to get interactive, if you want it.

3. travisbickle88

travisbickle88 Member This Topic's Starter

Governor interactive and governor on demand are both preloaded gscripts on XTRsense. Why would the developer put those gscripts on there if you needed to change the kernel in order to use them? Either way, how would I go about changing the kernel? Well, the better question would probably be is it worth it? I was told the the interactive would be quicker than the ondemand, is that the case? Also when I run the script it says to reboot for the change to take effect. I do that with quick boot. Could that be why it isn't showing up when I run report settings? Because I'm not manually rebooting? I know this is probably a hard question to answer unless you're currently running XTRsense; however, any and all support is greatly appreciated.:D

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The kernels are at the xda-developers.com forums, Eris development forum. Search for CFS. Sorry, I am away for the weekend, you'll have to look for it yourself.

I have tried running xtrSENSE and xtrROM with the CFS kernel and I think it runs better with the default Zanfur kernel myself. I had some huge lag issues with the CFS kernel.

The reason why there is a script to allow interactive? Because you could install one of the other kernels on your own and you might want to run the interactive governor yourself.

Basically, to install them, download them to the root directory of your SD card and flash them from recovery after doing a wipe of Dalvik cache (do not do a data wipe unless you want to reinstall your apps.)

It could be that the Zanfur kernel supports interactive. Restart your phone and run the report system setting gscript to see if it is running that governor.