• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xyboard 10.1 - This is the one!

zombdroid

Android Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2009
Raccoon City
I have been holding out for a tablet I really like and this one is it. Though I don't own the Xyboard, I have used a Xyboard LTE from Verizon.

Currently running Android Honeycomb 3.2, Motorola has committed to an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade 4.0 in the future.

With so many tablets available, the research has been tough. I eliminated all devices that seemed they would never get a update from the manufacturer. Also eliminated tablet that generally received poor consumer ratings. iPad...not even an option.

I SERIOUSLY considered the "Quad Core" Asus Transformer Prime, but with all of the reports of poor GPS reception, I just can't do it. I would hate it for being broken out of the box.

A few deciding factors for me are the HDMI out, TFT IPS-enabled display and stylus support. I also like the design of the case.

I am somewhat disappointed that there is no included MicroSD or standard SD slot to expand the storage, but since I already have a tethering plan, this will work out well when downloading music from cloud storage. I noticed the 64GB - wifi version is not listed on the pre-order site. I am going to contact Motorola and find out about the availability.

Anyway, I will probably post a short review once I receive the tablet.

I have been holding out for a tablet I really like and this one is it. Though I don't own the Xyboard, I have used a Xyboard LTE from Verizon.

Currently running Android Honeycomb 3.2, Motorola has committed to an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade 4.0 in the future.

With so many tablets available, the research has been tough. I eliminated all devices that seemed they would never get a update from the manufacturer. Also eliminated tablet that generally received poor consumer ratings. iPad...not even an option.

I SERIOUSLY considered the "Quad Core" Asus Transformer Prime, but with all of the reports of poor GPS reception, I just can't do it. I would hate it for being broken out of the box.

A few deciding factors for me are the HDMI out, TFT IPS-enabled display and stylus support. I also like the design of the case.

I am somewhat disappointed that there is no included MicroSD or standard SD slot to expand the storage, but since I already have a tethering plan, this will work out well when downloading music from cloud storage. I noticed the 64GB - wifi version is not listed on the pre-order site. I am going to contact Motorola and find out about the availability.

Anyway, I will probably post a short review once I receive the tablet.

Review? :) I'm interested in hearing about this especially without the SD card slot. Do you need one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones