• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yet Another Android Noob.

Hi folks, I am also new to Android. I bought a phone at the weekend and am just really scratching the surface. I have a couple of questions.

My phone is on Vodafone, and it seems that the voice dialer has been stripped out by them (googling this it seems common practice by them). I have contacted HTC and they say that installing an app from the market that uses the feature *may* enable it, anyone got any ideas about this?

The other thing is rooting / reimaging my phone. What are the benefits of doing this? how easy is it to brick the phone? What

Yet Another Android Noob.

Hi folks, I am also new to Android. I bought a phone at the weekend and am just really scratching the surface. I have a couple of questions.

My phone is on Vodafone, and it seems that the voice dialer has been stripped out by them (googling this it seems common practice by them). I have contacted HTC and they say that installing an app from the market that uses the feature *may* enable it, anyone got any ideas about this?

The other thing is rooting / reimaging my phone. What are the benefits of doing this? how easy is it to brick the phone? What

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones