• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yachty Deluxe, from the makers of Great Little War Game

Hi all, it gives me great pleasure to announce our second release for the Android platform, Yachty Deluxe.

0JPACCfpy9rq7ROhOM_41hnMmNCmnsOGjvnDxvcavtA88-TnM7nUw_Z4zuigR3-Um1I=w705

Get it here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rubicon.dev.yachty

This is a free game supported by unobtrusive advertising.

Yachty Deluxe is our take on the classic game, Yahtzee(tm). Achievements, Leaderboards, Realistic Dice, it's all there.

Why not give it a go?

Thanks and enjoy. (A nice rating would help if you did)

So I've played a few games and it's definitely polished. Between this and GLWG it's obvious you guys have a nice graphical touch. The subtle light reflections on the dice are a nice additive. I was going to suggest a tap to touch feature, but then I looked at settings and there it is. Well done, glad you are continuing to pursue your Android development!

Reactions: RubiconDude
Upvote 0
We have a new update coming out soon as we're back in the office. With an undo button that everyone has been asking for!

In the meantime, I'll copy this out of the help text that we've also added:

--------------

Scoring can get a little fiddly on smaller displays, so please bear these tips in mind:

1) A score is entered when you let go, not when you tap. Hold your finger over the score slots, check that the desired slot shows darker than the others and then let go.

2) There is an undo button that appears for a couple of seconds after entering a score. To avoid waiting for it, just press the roll button again and carry on playing.

Reactions: diestarbucks
Upvote 0
We have a new update coming out soon as we're back in the office. With an undo button that everyone has been asking for!

In the meantime, I'll copy this out of the help text that we've also added:

--------------

Scoring can get a little fiddly on smaller displays, so please bear these tips in mind:

1) A score is entered when you let go, not when you tap. Hold your finger over the score slots, check that the desired slot shows darker than the others and then let go.

2) There is an undo button that appears for a couple of seconds after entering a score. To avoid waiting for it, just press the roll button again and carry on playing.

That's a great update, I had been thinking about that myself lately. Love the game and it's always a nice, quick time killer. The graphical polish is very nice.

I had left a comment on the market a couple of weeks ago but it's not there anymore. Did you re-upload the game? Just curious as to where it went:)

Upvote 0
It's now out on the market, hope that helps. If anyone marked it down because it was too fiddly, hopefully you can re-evaluate.

There's also now a $0.99 version if adverts aren't your thing. First to purchase gets a chance to put up review #1. :)

Thanks all.

Bought and left rating. Question, I noticed on the free version there were 2 other games you had listed. Stickyblocks and something else I couldn't tell. Are those coming soon as well? Great work guys.

Upvote 0
Hey Rubicon ... I've been through a lot of portable, electronic and Yahtzee software. Yours is very good (I've only seen a couple better - and those are on PC).

My main issue is that I'll like to be able to TAP the "held" dice to move them to the hold tray, vice having to drag them. I know some people like to put the dice in the tray themselves for organizational reasons, but I'd love to be able to tap and have it take the first available slot (left to right).

ROLL TO START ... makes more sense to allow ANY tap to start - with MENU being the only other option. At least let us tap the dice area to "start".

My last recommendation would be to offer a second view for scoring. If the user taps the black bar score, the collapse the roll area and most of the top area of the screen (just leave the dice holding area on top) and expand the card to maybe a single column with larger display (even on my Nexus, it's a bit cramped as is).

Overall, very enjoyable ... professional. I appreciate that in a Yahtzee game. Far too many developers just whore the concept with a half-assed attempt. No respect for the game. Thanks!

Upvote 0
My main issue is that I'll like to be able to TAP the "held" dice to move them to the hold tray, vice having to drag them. I know some people like to put the dice in the tray themselves for organizational reasons, but I'd love to be able to tap and have it take the first available slot (left to right).

I know at least for this issue there is an option in settings that allows you to change it to tap instead of drag. I was very happy when I first found that :)

Reactions: darkuni
Upvote 0
Thanks! Unfortunately, on my Nexus, hitting the Android menu button (to get to settings) crashes the game on my Galaxy Nexus LTE.

So, there is a bug report along with the THANKS :)
The settings we're talking about is actually one of the icons along the bottom of the menu screens?

Upvote 0
Heh, yeah ... well ... I was using the Android MENU button to get to "settings" - the menu button crashes the app. On the Nexus, the items on the bottom of the screen were so small, I couldn't tell there was a SETTINGS in there.

So, yes - I got into settings - we're good on the tap to keep option :)

Still, probably should suppress the Android menu if there is no need for it - and if there is something under that, it crashes (even with the sound turned off).

Great little game of Yahtzee ... I had an extended wait at the doctor's yesterday and killed a lot of time playing it. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones