Yahoo and the Captivate

Last Updated:

1. jceac

jceac Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm a new Android user and I have a few questions you guys might be able to help me with concerning Yahoo.

1. Is there a password limit or character restriction for either the stock email app or the instant messaging app for Yahoo? The reason is I can't seem to get either to work, but when I tried changing my password to a simpler and shorter one, upon my friend's advice, it worked on the first try. The problem is I don't want to keep the simpler password.

(I've tried various methods through the manual setup, tried both imap and pop, tried changing yahoo to yahoo asia, tried both wi-fi and 3g, and have searched online extensively for a fix, but no luck - only changing my password seems to work).

2. The Yahoo IM app on the market says it doesn't support Galaxy S devices. Does it mean the app won't work at all? Or is it only the video chat option that is not supported (or some other function)?

P.S. I do not want advice to use multi-service apps (Trillian, meebo, ebuddy, k9, etc), or forward to a gmail account.

Thanks! :)

Advertisement
  2. chandu1987

chandu1987 Active Member

1. i dont think that there is a password char. restriction but iam not sure

2. It just dont support video chat as the phone dont have front cam...but the app is working fine on captivate...iam using it daily..

3. jceac

Thanks for the response!

1. If you don't mind me asking, do you have special characters, numbers, lower/upper case letters in your password? And how many characters?

Thanks again!

4. chandu1987

chandu1987 Active Member

8 char. and just upper and lower .....no numbers and special characters.....

5. jceac

i see, i wonder if anyone else has experienced this with long passwords (30+ characters and special characters)?