• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yahoo contacts syncing issue

Rodeo52

Lurker
Oct 21, 2013
Hi. This is my first time posting. Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but I can not get my Yahoo contacts to sync to my phone's address book. Is anyone else having this issue?

I called both AT&T and HTC and they both state that it is a Yahoo issue. I can't find anything online of anyone else having this issue. I only get generic replies back from Yahoo on how to sync my phone. I am not an *****. I know how to sync.

So far I have manually disabled and re-enabled syncing my Yahoo account to my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the Yahoo mail app, restarted my phone, and cleared the cache. When I go to sync, I get a red circle next to Yahoo on my list and it states down below that sync is currently experiencing problems and it will be back shortly. It's been a week now. There is a sync error only for the Yahoo contacts. All other accounts sync just fine.

It shows in my phone's address book that I have 0 Yahoo contacts, yet when I get on the computer, all of my contacts are there. Please help. Without my phone being able to sync with Yahoo, I can not call, text, or e-mail any of those Yahoo contacts. I am at a loss. It is so frustrating. Is it me, my phone, or the new Yahoo mail app update???

I have a brand new HTC One. Sorry I didn't mention that.

lot of text there. had to break it up a bit.

first. lets take a deep breath.......................

now,

are you SOLELY using JUST the yahoo app, or are you using the stock htc app as well with yahoo? I just want to make sure.

if you are JUST using the yahoo app, make sure you have background services checked and you are in a good cellular or wifi coverage area.

can you connect to the internet using a browser? can you go to youtube and play vids? basically i am just making sure you have a data connection and your sim card is properly setup.

with the yahoo app, all you have to do is enter your username and password and it syncs. i use the yahoo app and i have 3 yahoo accounts and they are all proper.
are you using the stock htc mail app with other email addresses by chance?

and you are NOT rooted correct?

have you verified your login credentials are true and correct?

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying. Sorry I was rambling on. It has just been very frustrating.

I am using just the Yahoo app. I did uninstall the yahoo app and run my yahoo mail through the stock app to see what happens and it still didn't sync my contacts. I deleted the stock setup and reinstalled the yahoo app.

I can indeed get on the internet, YouTube, play games, etc. I have no issues doing these things either on WiFi or running off of the network. I have no problems with the yahoo app other than not being able to sync the contacts. The emails and notifications come in just fine and I can send emails, I just have no contacts through the app to send them to. The phone works great and does everything except sync the contacts.

I am not rooted.

AT&T and HTC say it's a yahoo issue. I have called HTC twice about it. I have emailed yahoo every day for the past week and they send me generic replies. I turned my old HTC Inspire on tonight and installed the newest version of yahoo mail and the contacts synced just fine. So that leads me to believe that it isn't a yahoo issue. How can the same app work on an older phone and not on my new one?

I am new to this forum and forums in general. I am not sure if I can post screen shots or not. If I can, then I will gladly show you how it looks when I go to my accounts and sync on my phone and show you how it appears when I manually sync.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for being a pain. I feel so helpless and stupid.

Upvote 0
Hi, have you made sure your Yahoo account is ticked in your contact sources ?

:)

Sorry, just reread your post - you have done, although my Yahoo contacts do show in the sources list and all my contacts are showing in my Yahoo app. :thinking:

The only other thing I had to do was enable contact sync in Accounts & sync, message sync was enabled by default, contact sync was disabled by default.

:)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Yes. All of the boxes are clicked. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I called HTC again today. We were on the line for about 45 minutes going through different steps. We did everything short of a factory reset. No luck. She thinks that the issue may be because of the update that I did to go to 4.3 and that the new yahoo mail app possibly isn't formatted to work with the 4.3. She could offer no other assistance at this point. I have no idea. How am I the only person to have this issue?

Upvote 0
Has to be a local issue with your device because I'm not having any issues with the app

Sadly I have to agree as it's all working fine for me too, although I am still on 4.2.2, but I find it a little odd that HTC suggest it could be the 4.3 update - just affecting contact sync?

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones