Yahoo Email not delivery on time

Last Updated:

1. dz93

dz93 Member This Topic's Starter

On my Droid X on the default email app that is provided on the Droid X I have my Yahoo email account on there. Well it seems that I am receiving my emails extremely late. For example they aren't delivering right as they get to my Yahoo mail account. I'll receive 15 - 20 emails that I was supposed to get yesterday today. I have Push enabled but it seems like that makes it worse. It seems as if it would be better to have Fetch enabled then I could at least get my email every 15min. However I'd like to receive it instantly. The reason for this is in case I receive an email from a friend or someone I can reply back instantly and be able to keep a conversation going or if I get a facebook notification I can respond to that instantly. The facebook app on my Droid X doesn't even give me notifications like it says it should. So I pretty much have to rely on my email for that. So is there anything I can do to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

you have to set it to sync more, It's probably only syncing every 15 minutes which is why you get them late

3. dz93

How do I do that?

4. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

menu, settings, accounts and sync. then click on email and change the settings

5. dz93

After I click accounts I only see my Backup Assistant, Facebook, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. When I click on my Yahoo mail I don't have any setting for Sync. I don't have any settings at all except changing the password etc.

6. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

hmm, Maybe someone else can help you, I do not use yahoo email so I am not sure why you don't see a sync option, every account I have I can change the sync time

7. Gforce083

Gforce083 Well-Known Member

Just use the Free Yahoo! Mail app from the market, sends notifications as soon as emails come in.