• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yahoo email not working after update

steve6884

Nov 20, 2010
I loaded the froyo update the day it came out and everything has basically been working ok. I realized today that I was no longer getting yahoo email notifications and I clicked on email to check it out. When I click on the email link on the bottom of the screen it used to take me to yahoo mail but now when I push it I get a black screen that says "load more messages" at the top. When I push on that nothing happens. I think my yahoo settings are gone but have no idea how to put them back in. I looked in settings but can not figure it out. How do I either make yahoo start working again or reenter the settings? Thanks for any help

Wow just found this on a google search. Changed my settings and bingo yahoo email works again

Incoming Settings
IMAP
Imap Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
Server Port: 993

Outgoing Settings
Login required: checked
SMTP Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
SSL
Server Port: 465

I am having the same problem. where in setting do I go to make this change?

Upvote 0
When I had the problem I hit the email button at the bottom of the main screen. That took me to what was mostly a black screen. I then hit the button at the very bottom left of front of the phone. The button that is to the left of the home button. That brings up a menu at the bottom with different choices. Hit the more button and that brings up a sub menu where account settings is one of the choices. Once you get to settings menu. If you scroll down some you will see the incoming and outgoing settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones