Yahoo email problem with native clientSupport

Last Updated:

1. rdlm

rdlm Member This Topic's Starter

I've been having SMTP connection issues with Yahoo email for months. When I send an email via my yahoo account (using the native app), it fails to send perhaps 1/3 of the time. This is not a new problem, but seems to me to be getting worse. I simply get an "Unable to send mail" error notification. Usually, a couple at sync will make it successfully send. Or it will go out sooner or later if I wait. Tonight, it's not working at all.

I've checked my settings, and they are all correct. And I do not have WiFi on. And as I said, it does work sometimes. But I did notice that if I try to re-confirm my settings using the setup wizard, it returns with a "server not responding" error for the SMTP settings tonight. I hadn't thought of doing this before, so I don't know if this is the usual issue, or "just tonight".

Have others experienced this issue? I'm wondering if there is something broken locally, or whether Yahoo's servers are unreliable, or ...

Note that all other network connectivity seems fine. And I have tried deleting and re-creating this account (on the handset), which has not helped -- though I haven't tried it recently.

Advertisement
  2. maltz

maltz Member

rdlm:

I am having the exact same issue with my yahoo account as well. It will send the messages sometimes, but not always. I see it more in the evening and night than during the day, not sure if that is related or not.

Hoping someone knows what the issue is.

Happy Holidays to all!

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Periodically had this issue as well. Then after the OTA i got the Low Space warning so i deleted it. When i went to re-add it it wouldn't let me. Kept telling me authentication failed, have tried at least 10 or 20 times. My username and password are correct, i checked and re-checked just to be sure. Nothing i do will let me re-add it. Finally gave up and DL'ed the yahoo mail app, it works but is mediocre at best. Would rather use the stock app but shit won't cooperate with me

4. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

I had a ton of problems with my yahoo account when I first came over to android from BB. I searched this forum and found a way to have my yahoo email forwarded to my gmail account. I've phased out my yahoo account and use gmail only now. Let me see if I can find the thread...

Found it, here you go, hope it helps you guys like it helped me
    http://androidforums.com/android-applications/30776-forward-yahoo-mail-gmail-free.html