Yahoo email problem

Last Updated:

1. ss125

ss125 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got the Droid yesterday and was setting it up with yahoo email and it didn't really work. I just put my email address and password in and it went looking for it. Finally something happened and it worked. However, it went all night and didn't download any email and usually when I get up in the morning I have like 30 emails. So, I found what your supposed to do on the internet and can change it from pop to imat or whatever its supposed to be. How do I delete the yahoo email account on the Droid and start all over. I can't figure that one out. Thats all I can think of to do.

Advertisement
  2. bigbill25

bigbill25 Well-Known Member

Yahoo e-mail, for some reason, does not work over WiFi. Turn that off and access it over 3G. Even then there are some issues. I don't know why... That's my number 1 complaint with Droid/Android right now.

--Bill

3. bigtimelew

bigtimelew Member

yea i fought the yahoo email battle for a few months and then i saw the thread on how to forward your yahoo mail to a gmail account. i created a gmail account just for that purpose and i haven't looked back. gmail just works so seamlessly with the droid and the email's themselves are even presented a little nicer when you view them. i'll take a quick look for the thread and post if i find it.

4. ss125

ss125 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that sounds like it's what I need to do.

5. bigtimelew

bigtimelew Member

6. rfmdroider

rfmdroider Member

Had issues with step 7...

never got beyond that part.

7. bigtimelew

bigtimelew Member

not sure what to tell you except it's there when i did it and i just checked again. make sure your in classic view and on the far left there's a column with options and it should be there

8. bigbill25

bigbill25 Well-Known Member

9. bigtimelew

bigtimelew Member

well that would certainly help