Yahoo email suddenly stopped working?

1. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

So out of the blue my yahoo email that i get using the built in email mgr that the captivate has stopped working.
    It said it couldnt sync. It also suddenly said my user name and password were wrong?
    So i go to yahoo email online using phone and enter my username and password and its fine.
    I go into the samsung social hub i dont like but i needed to check if it would work and it allowed me to easily add my account and verified my email and password and username.

So why would it suddenly stop is the first question? Second is why it is saying my username and password are wrong?

I know some say who cares and use the yahoo app but it sucks. It is slow and glitchy and it also makes you keep going back and forth to find folders etc whereas the built in app lets you scroll across the top to find your folders.
    My only complaint is lack of ability to search using built in app, i must go into the yahoo app to do accurate searching of my old emails. I wish i could have both.

but anyone have an answer? I did a search so i would not add a already answered topic but could not find an answer.:confused:

Advertisement
    defcon5ro likes this.
  2. sharkhark

3. SamsungCaptivated

SamsungCaptivated Well-Known Member

My Yahoo email stopped working also... same issue where it was reporting wrong user name and password. I deleted the email account and recreated it using the following and it worked perfectly. You have to set it up manually using the following:

(This was originally posted by forum member DynaBlue)

Incoming settings:

IMAP Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 993
    Security type: SSL
    IMAP Path prefix: [leave this blank]

Outgoing settings:

SMTP Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 465
    Security type: SSL
    Make sure the box is ticked for 'Require sign-in'
    juliechicago and sharkhark like this.
  4. sharkhark

So I supposedly fixed it last month and now a month later out of blue same problem...what the fruck?
  5. SamsungCaptivated

SamsungCaptivated Well-Known Member

I just rechecked the configuration above and it still works perfectly on mine. Try rebooting your phone and see if that cures the problem. If it doesn't, delete the account and recreate manually using the above settings. I use the above setting on my Galaxy Tab and my Inspire 4G and they both work fine. I no longer have the Captivate but I don't see why the above configuration wouldn't work on the Captivate.
  6. sharkhark

i didnt have to as out of the blue it suddenly started working...just another in the long line of bugs i have had with this phone..it started off such a good relationship but now?..............notso good..........

but it has been really bad lately with swype...........no solution yet for that..it was better after a emp of swype gave suggestions but now has reverted.....
  7. sharkhark

Wow! while searching for solution to this same problem I had megs ago I came across thus old solution offered to myself.i tried and it worked.thx so much to poster!
  8. jebova2301

jebova2301 Member

my aim email works about as good as an iphone. sometimes it works perfect, other times it wont go fetch my mail for 5 or 6 days. VERY annoying when my 5 year old windoze phone could do this reliably.

i know for a fact i am getting emails during the day(on average, i get around 200 emails per day). i get emailed at all times of the day. but my phone never wants to go fetch them even though i have it set up to go fetch every hour. anyone know how to fix this?
  9. juliechicago

juliechicago New Member

Wow - those instructions above TOTALLY worked Im so pleased! THanks. (Although I had to leave the smtp port as its default as didnt accept the one above)

Now, if *only* someone can tell me how to stop the camera making my music pause on my new SGS2 (cant you tell i was iphone previously) I'd be 100% happy!