• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Downloaded SEVEN Beta for free and now verizon yahoo e-mail is working/synching great! The app that comes with the phone is a no go. Seems like verizon was not prepared for the release.
You have to register for SEVEN and then the download site is sent to your mobile number. They don't list the Motorola Droid...I followed the path for HTC...G1...English...and got that android download...installed like a charm...chose yahoo...even for verizon yahoo, which is what I was having a problem with. Very nice app! Great setting selections. Thanks for the reference beargold23!
BTW for a nice teather...try pdanet version 2.02 trial...you have to pay 29.00 after the 30 day trial...but teathers without a teathering fee! Maybe a verizon fix...I heard that they were planning on 30.00/month teather fee...or a free app will show up by then.
Both of these installs solved my issues with the Droid completely!:)

Upvote 0
Go for the SEVEN beta download which is FREE. Have to register. Download info is sent to your phone with a link. Go to site and sign in and download. Chose HTC...G1....English for the android app...they don't list the motorola droid yet. When you get to the point that you need to chose your e-mail type, chose yahoo even for verizon yahoo...it goes into a setup mode which takes a while but eventually gets there. A VERY NICE APP with a lot of nice settings. As I understand it, other carriers like ATT, Sprint, etc provide SEVEN. No regrets here...I will leave verizons email app alone for the moment. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones