1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Last Updated:

1. jetsfan420

jetsfan420 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone hear of any plans for a Yahoo Fantasy Baseball app?

Advertisement
  2. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member

Yes, i hope someone makes this app. We need a fantasy football one too. This would make my year if we could get one.

3. jetsfan420

jetsfan420 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yahoo came out with an iPhone app for fantasy baseball yesterday. I love my droid but I'm loving it considerably less each time an important app like this gets ignored on android. The last being CBS March Madness.

I kind of wish I waited until the summer and got the iPhone if ppl aren't taking android seriously.

4. dmaul3300

dmaul3300 Well-Known Member

Are there any fantasy baseball apps available. Baseball season starts in 2 days. I was hoping yahoo or espn would have one out by now. cbs sportsline had a football app and was hoping they would come out with a baseball application or was hoping espn would come out with espn mvp application like i had on my old phone.

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

6. karltone

karltone Member

am using espn browser to follow specific players, that's the best i could find. yes yahoo NEEDS to make a fantasy sports app for droid or else i have to listen to my friend talk about his god damned iphone all season!

7. DolphinDroid

DolphinDroid Well-Known Member

The iPhone did not have a Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball app last year and the Apple App store was the hot thing and the iPhone had been out two years. If we do not have it next season (2011) then we will be behind Apple.

8. mkhopper

mkhopper Well-Known Member

It will happen. Larger name companies are finally beginning to come on board and are releasing some top quality apps on the Android platform.

Development is just easier to do on the owmyeyeDevices because they are essentially "console" devices. What works for the developer will work for the user. Things are a bit spread out in the Android world these days which makes development a little harder, but it is getting much better.

9. dmaul3300

dmaul3300 Well-Known Member

I guess I will have to wait.

Abode flash is coming out later this summer. Once it comes out, hopefully it will allow me acces to yahoo stat tracker as well as my cbs sportsline league fantasy baseball leauge.

The other option is skyfire. When I had my windows mobile phone I was able to access both my yahoo and cbs sportsline leagues through skyfire. It also is supposed to be released sometime this summer.

As far as watching the games on my phone, slingbox is also supposed to be out later this summer.

I sure with yahoo espn(mvp) and cbs sportsline would make a fantasy baseball app. CBS made a fantasy football app, I thought they would also make a baseball app, but i guess not.

Hopefully someone will make something soon with baseball season under way.

10. joecreed28

joecreed28 Well-Known Member

I just bought the MLB at Bat app in the market, and it's honestly one of the best $15 purchases I have ever made. I just listened to a bunch of games over 3G and didn't have any drop outs. I think some people are thinking they are losing connection between innings because it doesn't play commercials.

The video on 3G is OK, and sometimes bad quality, but on WiFi it was pretty darn good. The next day you can watch like 13 minutes of video with all the game highlights by inning...another pretty sweet feature. The box scores are great for checking your fantasy guys' stats too, as I too am in CBS leagues. Like I said, I was nervous about making the purchase, but after using it tonight I'm so glad I did.

11. BrandonWOGL

BrandonWOGL New Member

You, are correct. The MLB at bat app is great, and it helps with my fantasy stuff when im not sitting at the computer. I can still go on the internet and look at my team, and see their stats, and can even do some trading, but can't edit my lineups or anything. I can wait though. :)

12. k3vb0t

k3vb0t New Member

Can someone explain the difference between Flash "Lite" and Flash 10.1?

That is, with the Incredible coming out at the end of this month, would you be able to access Y! Fantasy Baseball to adjust rosters from the phone (using the Lite version of Flash) or are we all stuck until 10.1 comes out by end of 2Q?

13. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i agree... i love the mlb app. needs league leaders though. Doesnt look like a yahoo fantasy app is gonna make it for baseball. hopefully football though

14. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

I think there is something wrong with the MLB at Bat app. Every time I look at it, it shows my team getting their teeth kicked in. :(

15. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

LMAO, you must be a Boston RED SUX FAN! Judging by your name. Anyway, Lets go Yankees

16. albert_pooholes

albert_pooholes New Member

It looks like there is a new Yahoo fantasy baseball app in the market. Has anyone tried it out? Can't decide if I should get it or not.

17. Terry4505

Terry4505 Active Member

I saw that app, but didn't purchase it because the two reviews it has are pretty bad. I would love to be able to do all my Yahoo Fantasy stuff without having to go to the mobile site.

18. Digital

Digital Member

You just need to install the timemachine app and select 2004.

19. bignoggins

bignoggins New Member

20. TunaNoCrust

TunaNoCrust Active Member

bump, I can't wait for that app

21. turbosol16

turbosol16 Well-Known Member

Awesome will it be before the NFL season?

22. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

i use fantasy guru for yahoo. not a great program, but does the job. you can see matchups, change your roster, add/drop players. like i said, not the best app, wish there was a better one, but it works in a pinch when i forget to change my lineup. works with baseball and football, but haven't used it with football yet.

Fantasy Guru - Android app on AppBrain

23. Tony Touch

Tony Touch Well-Known Member

24. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

id like this also; especially with fantasy football right around the corner!

25. ARR22

ARR22 Well-Known Member

Well Yahoo released a messenger and y mail app for android. I really hope that this is an indication that football and baseball fantasy apps are just right around the corner.