yahoo mail and calendar confusionSupport

Last Updated:

1. cal-blam

cal-blam New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 8, 2010
    Hello I am new to Android phones with a Desire HD running Android 2.2. Hoping people can give me some links or ideas to sort out some confusion. I currently use (and want to stay using) yahoo mail and calendar on my laptop.

A. Very surprised/disappointed (...given all the noise Android makes about the freedoms that the phone gives over say iphone...) that I can't sync my yahoo calendar to my gmail account, so that it links through to my calendar on DHD. Have hunted everywhere for solutions. (I have see and tried the yahoo pipes solution, but can't get it to parse the yahoo calendar).

-> anyone know how I can sync my yahoo out to my gmail?
    -> anyone got alternative suggestions for the best way to get my yahoo calendar onto my DHD? Please I am newb and the best I have done so far is accessing the yahoo calendar online, but its a very unsatisfactory way of doing it imho, I'm hoping there is a great calendar solution that I can somehow use on my DHD?

B. Currently access my emails using the yahoo mail app OTA. Is there a better way of gettign my yahoo emails - like setting up a cool email app that somehow I can use to receive and send from my yahoo account. Again, I'm very newb. Solutions or links to pages explaining the basics also very welcome.

With thanks, hoping you can help me arrive to thinking this phone is a bit more user friendly than I have been finding it so far!