• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Mail App Available

This app needs work. It is a good start and they seem to be listening since they already updated it and allowed for audible notifications to be turned off. I still find myself using the HTC mail client for my Yahoo mail since I find it easier to use. I like to long press on emails to delete them right from the inbox. I also wish Yahoo used bold for unread emails instead of that silly purple square.

I think if Yahoo continues to update it rapidly it could be very good in a couple of weeks. If they leave it the way it is then I'll probably uninstall it.

Upvote 0
I too have a sneaking suspicion that this app is raping my battery slowly and painfully. I do have 20+ folders in my Yahoo plus account, but since i'm by a PC all day at work, i dont "need" the folders to be accessible through my phone, i just need to be able to send and receive email, and i can move them to folders when i get to a PC. The important thing is receiving emails, and I think the stock email app is fine for that purpose. I thought i would like it, and wanted to like it, but i realized i put all those folders there for a reason, to move emails there without deleting them, so i dont really need those folders and if i did, i can go via the web on the phone for that once in a blue moon scenario where i need to grab a saved email immedaitely.

see, i have filters set up so i get new mail from mail lists in at least 2 different folders regularly, so i like the ability to check the folders. however, i don't need to check them all the time, since, like you, i'm in front of a computer most of the work day. so i am keeping the yahoo mail app installed, but i am not using it as my default mail app. i'm using the htc mail app for that (i like the unread count on the icon, plus in the yahoo mail app, you can't long press to delete, you have to hit "edit" and then select the mail you want to delete). i'll open the yahoo mail app if i am out somewhere and bored and want to read my mailing lists. but otherwise, the htc app works best for my needs. such as they are.

yahoo mail has never been a perfect beast. it's just where i set up my email way too many years ago now to easily switch over. eh, it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones