• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Mail app crashing & deleting Misc Files from device Storage

sharonlmb

Lurker
Nov 13, 2014
FL
Hi, I'm new to the Forum. Hope I can get some answers...I'm 100% self-taught and thought I was pretty knowledgeable but these 2 issues are making my smartphone experience a real PAIN!
1.) Yahoo Mail app keeps crashing on me. It opens, but as soon as I try to read/open an e-mail it crashes.
* I have 20+ e-mails in my Outbox that have been there for about a week now & I can't get them to send (they're not visible on Yahoo Mail from my pc).
* I have no problems using Yahoo Mail from my pc.
* I've sent multiple crash reports to Yahoo about it (not that this helps at all, but I did it anyway).
* I have re-started my phone multiple times, to no avail.
* I keep the Trash and Spam folders empty at all times.
2.) Samsung Galaxy S5 Device Storage: I am running out of space in device memory, not because I have too many apps (3 GB) or music (none), games (none) movies (none) or videos (only a few which are in SD storage), but because I need to delete pictures (6 GB) and also because there is currently 5.75 GB of Miscellaneous Files in Device Storage.
* I currently have 830MB available in device memory.
* I'm slowly but surely deleting photos and moving many over to the SD card, but it's just time consuming.
* I clear the Cache on a daily basis.
QUESTION: Can I delete these Miscellaneous Files? Are there any risks associated with doing so? Where do these files come from? If I knew, I may be able to avoid/prevent them from accumulating so fast.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones