yahoo mail contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. jason171

jason171 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

(I searched here and in Support/Troubleshooting and didn't find anything, so hope this isn't an answered question.)

I just got an Incredible earlier this week. I have a gmail account which I never use, and my main Yahoo account. I set up the mail icon on the homescreen to take me to Yahoo mail, and it synchs to that account fine. However, when I try to compose an email, the only contacts it has are the 4 from my gmail account. When I send the email, though, it does come from my @yahoo.com address.

Is there any way to get it to give me my contacts from Yahoo? I saw that there is a Yahoo app, but the reveiws looked pretty bad so I was hoping to just use the standard mail feature.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Yeah I haven't been able to figure this one out either. You could import your yahoo contacts into gmail. Not really a solution though...

The Yahoo mail app is decent but has some issues. It does allow you to use your yahoo contacts and view your folders. I'm still using both the Yahoo app and the HTC mail app for the time being.

3. gardenwall2

gardenwall2 New Member

You can export your Yahoo contacts and then import them into Gmail. Export as a Yahoo CSV field.

4. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Is there an echo in here :)?

Yahoo updated their app again and I'm now using it instead of the HTC mail client. Give it a shot.

5. jimwu13

jimwu13 New Member

I just uploaded a small app to the Marketplace called YContact. It will sync your Yahoo! contacts via the Android account mechanism and will periodically sync with Yahoo! to pull in changes. Thanks...

jmo562003 likes this.
  6. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

So does it sync your yahoo and gmail contacts?

You may consider offering it for free for a couple of days just so you can get some comments on it.

7. jimwu13

jimwu13 New Member

It will sync your yahoo contacts, but will not touch your gmail contacts. There are existing mechanism for gmail contacts.

I am making it a freebie for a bit. Thanks...