• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

yahoo mail duplicate messages

Turdbogls

Android Expert
Jul 22, 2010
O-town Florida
I just got my droid last week and since I have had it I have been getting duplicate(sometimes 3 or more) e-mail messages. I have yahoo free and gmail accounts in the stock e-mail app. I have tried rebooting the phone and also removing and adding the accounts back on...this only seems to effect yahoo mail...was this the problem I read about with android and yahoo acounts or is this something totally different. Running stock 2.1 for now.

This is easier than you think. First figure out which email notification service you want to send notofications. Then go into each of the other ones. Open the app..get to settings or options or whatever the developer called it, open it up and look for "notification". Usually you click or unclick in some box for "receive notifications". Turn on or off as you desire,

I just installed the yahoo-launched email app and went into my previous stock email widget,following the above instructions,and now I've stopped my duplicate notifications.

Hang on,you'll get the hang of things, Heck if I can (grandma senior citizen) anyone can!

Rooted/Flash/overclocked to 1mhz. ;-)

Upvote 0
The stock email app does not work well with Yahoo mail. I've tried it since I got the droid a year ago and have persistent problems. Fortunately their are 2 reasonable solutions.

1. Use the new Yahoo! email application.

2. Use the Yahoo! web app. To do this create a bookmark to m.yahoo.com, then create a shortcut to the bookmark on your screen.

Both these solutions resolve all the problems I've had using the stock email app with Yahoo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones