YAHOO Mail Notification issue after Updating

1. smpross

smpross Well-Known Member

Ever since I updated Yahoo mail yesterday, my notifications have stopped when I receive new mail through Yahoo. I have read in the comments that several people have had this issue.

Anyone know of the fix?

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

I don't use Yahoo, so I'm shooting from the hip here. First, did the app's settings default after the update? I've seen Facebook do it, so I don't think it's beyond anyone else to pull that stunt either. Double check your settings to be sure. Second, assuming your settings are correct, you may wasn't to uninstall and reinstall itThat may clear up anything that carried over by mistake.
    smpross likes this.
  3. Girevik

Girevik Well-Known Member

I'm came in to post this same issue. I've played with several settings with no luck. The one time it did notify me was when I cleared all data, and then it only notified me once (I did go in and turn off the sound and vibrate portion of the notification).

I send a feedback Note through the ap and haven't heard back yet. Please let me know if you find a resolution.
  4. smpross

smpross Well-Known Member

I uninstalled and re-installed the app and that fixed the issue.
  5. Girevik

Weirdest thing. I didn't change anything and it started working.
  6. RyanB

Is always possible that the problem was on their end.
  7. markyboy81

markyboy81 Well-Known Member

The other problem with it is that the notification icon is now the same as the sms icon and I believe the notification led is as well.
    I've reinstalled the old version so I'll wait it out and see if they improve the new one
  8. RyanB

You can always use Lightflow to control your LED behavior
    markyboy81 likes this.
  9. markyboy81

Is light flow relatively bug free now? I heard it used to create problems
  10. RyanB

I have *very* few problems. I get the wrong color, maybe once every month or two.
    markyboy81 likes this.
  11. Girevik

Maybe I spoke too soon. I'm not getting them again. I seem to only get my notifications when it's plugged in and Wi-Fi is on all the time. Normally Juice Defender turns it off mostof the time.
  12. RyanB

Could Juice Defender be the problem then?
  13. Girevik

I was considering the same thing, but the fact that it was working until the Yahoo upgrade seems suspisious. Especially since I now see that others are havng the same problem.

I'm beginning to think it IS a problem on the Yahoo end. I've since installed K9, and have not been getting notifications on that either. I've plugged in my phone so we'll see if I get anything. It seems odd that it would be anything on the Yahoo server side, though. I'd think mail notifications would be more about the phone reaching out to check, but maybe they actually push somthing to the service and that's not happening for some reason.
  14. markyboy81

I don't think it's a problem yahoo's end as I've been getting notifications no problem with the old version installed
  15. Girevik

I installed K9 just as a test and it seem to be doing the same thing. I'll send myself a mail and K9 won't know it's there until I go in and manually refresh either. That would seem to point to a Yahoo server thing as well. I'm just totally confused.
  16. cyndie1030

cyndie1030 Member

I applied the update to Yahoo Mail and as soon as I did, I too, stopped getting the Notifications. Even when I know I have mail and open the app, nothing shows until I pull to refresh. Every so often, one will come through and I think it's been fixed but then they stop again. I had one of the developers email me asking for my Yahoo ID so they can see why they're not pushing but after I sent it to him, I've heard nothing back. It's very frustrating. I started using the stock email app for my Yahoo Mail just to get the notifications so I know when to go into the Yahoo Mail app and pull to refresh.
  17. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Computers are also messing up. On some - the send button in Yahoo Mail is grayed out.

I think it's related to scripting or browser. We have 2 almost identical XP computers. I use Noscript, Adblock, you name it in FX ESR which is still on 10.7. The other computer uses the newer FX and doesn't use Noscript. My laptop - which is FX ESR and Noscript is having no problem.

It seems to me that everytime Yahoo updates, something screws up.

I finally changed the user Agent in Boat to desktop. If I go to Yahoo page itself, I can also select desktop, and mail works as normal.
  18. Girevik

Excatly what I'm seeing, and I've even installed K9 and am seeing the same thing there.

I'm even havin issues with the stock ap, but I think that may be that JuiceDefender has the data turned off when it tries to check. Trying to verify that now.
  19. HenryHill

HenryHill New Member

I have this same problem. Just made an account to try to find a fix.

Please does anyone know where I can download the .apkg file for the old yahoo mail?
  20. HenryHill

HenryHill New Member

Found the file and reverted back to old YM. That was a huge waste of 2hrs of my day trying to get the new app to work.
  21. cyndie1030

cyndie1030 Member

There was another update for Yahoo Mail in the Play store last night. I applied that and after clearing the cache for the Mail app, it was working fine until I got into work today. I am using a Smart Action to turn on my Wireless at work, turn off my Data (which is the same thing I do at home when connected to my wireless at home) and silent the ringers. But the Yahoo Mail doesn't get pushed through like it does when I'm home or on my way into work.
  22. Girevik

I accidently left the sound notification on for Yahoo after the upgrade. About 1:00 Eastern today, I got like 50 notifications of new mail and nothing since. I've seen the update out there, but can't recall if I've installed it or not.

I'm using K9 for now, but hoping that yahoo will figure out their issue.
  23. markyboy81

It looks like yahoo have acknowledged the issue and released yet another update, but according to reviews it hasn't fixed it for a lot of people. I'll wait until it's properly sorted before I download it again, I'll stick to the previous version for now as that works much better
  24. cyndie1030

cyndie1030 Member

I am using a work around until Yahoo fixes this. I downloaded Maildroid and have that set to use the same color notification light as Yahoo Mail does. I don't like the interface for that one so when I get the notification from Mail Droid, I open my Yahoo Mail to read the actual mail. The only downside to that is not being able to open the email from the notification (I could if I used Mail Droid the way it should but I really dislike the UI).
  25. Girevik

Yeah, I just downloaded the K9 mail client and am using that until Yahoo gets their act together. I'll just go it it from the notification, but will open Yahoo otherwise. I'm also leaving the Yahoo ap so I'll know if it starts to work againl