Yahoo mail problem.Support

Last Updated:

1. maaavy

maaavy New Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed since Thursday of last week that using the stock android mail program to get emails from yahoo it is not downloading the newest emails unless I have the setting to download today's emails only. I have re-setup the account using the automatic set up and also tried the manual set up using imap and pop and the same thing happens. I have had no problems with this at all since having my hero since the beginning of the year.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

3. Encinitas

Encinitas Member

Yahoo published an updated app by accident which doesn't work. It must be uninstalled and the old version 1.04 reinstalled

4. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

I stopped using the stock email and use the Yahoo app. MUCH better! And you can access all your folders and contacts. Soo much better. ;)

5. JeffCO

JeffCO Member

I started having a problem around the same time with the stock Hero mail app and yahoo but only with outgoing mail - the yahoo server was apparently not responding. I had used their auto setup for android back whenever they introduced that. What seems to have fixed the problem for now at least is that I went into the setup and removed the "android" prefix from the outgoing SMTP server address So instead of "android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com" it is just "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" and now it works.

I didn't touch the IMAP address because I haven't had problems but you might try removing the "android" portion from that.