Yahoo Mail ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. cbrown9885

cbrown9885 Member This Topic's Starter

As of 11/07, I began having problems with Yahoo Mail through IMAP setup on my DINC. I no longer receive any new messages. I've restarted the phone. Deleted the account and set it up again. Not sure what happened. Anybody having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I use to have huge issues when I put my Yahoo account on HTC's stock email program on my DinC. It would take for ever to load and usually timed out. I just deleted my Yahoo account and got a Live account & have had no issues since.
    There is a Yahoo app for mail...you may want to try that if you dead set on using Yahoo.

3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I use K9 for gmail, yahoo mail, and another account. No problems right now.

4. Silvergator

Silvergator New Member

I don't know if your problems are the same as mine but, as of October 28th, HTC mail stopped displaying new messages on my yahoo account. I downloaded the yahoo app and it works, but I really liked being able to check my yahoo, google and att emails all in the same application. Now I have to have 2 mail application running. Does anyone know what happened to change this? I hope I didn't hijack your thread but it is an yahoo problem and I want a email app that will show all my accounts.

cbrown9885 likes this.
  5. cbrown9885

cbrown9885 Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to update you all that my IMAP Yahoo mail started working again on yesterday. I did not do anything to make it work. Maybe my DINC is spooked. LOL!Thanks for the K9 suggestion. I will keep that app just in case.

6. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

You can also try the Yahoo Mail App. They just updated it to 1.2 and it is pretty nice now...

7. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Have you been able to login ok?

I keep getting a message for it saying Bizmail accounts are not supported, though it is for my personal account.

8. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been using it without any problem all day.

9. lawnboy

Was thinking of trying to go back to version 1.0.4 to see if that helps; anyone have a direct link to download the Yahoo Mail app version 1.0.4?

10. bkrickles

bkrickles Well-Known Member

1.2 seems to have fixed all of my problems. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because it is exactly like my web based verizon yahoo mail and it syncs the contacts perfectly.
    I just deleted k9 and hoping for the best

11. lawnboy

Still cannot log into it; keep getting "Sorry, Bizmail accounts are not support" although I am logging in with my personal account and it worked with Yahoo Mail app v1.0.4 and before; any ideas?

12. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I was told that today's update for the Yahoo mail app fixed many of the issues people were dealing with.

13. lawnboy

Looks like fixed some, and cause some new ones.

Was looking on AppBrain and this Bizmail account not supported errors seems to be effecting many; just check out all the comments.