Yahoo mail stopped coming!Support

1. mr-q

mr-q New Member

It just stopped coming to mail account on EVO. All other accounts work fine including another yahoo acount. I deleted it and then put it back on the phone and I have the old emails but no new ones will transmit. Any solutions? thoughts? I am using mail droid to get mail from this account now but I want to use the main email function for this phone!

Advertisement
  2. williamhereford

williamhereford Active Member

Interested in hearing of any solutions. I just had mine stop yesterday, didn't notice until I opened up yahoo on my laptop and saw about 70 unfiltered spam emails and one semi important one. Way to go Yahoo, anyways. I reloaded the account from scratch using the manual mode in directions somewhere in here. I worked for an hour or two now I keep getting a username/password error. I know both are right. Is Yahoo trying to force the use of their new/crap app?
  3. mr-q

mr-q New Member

Ok after having to use aroidmail for the last 2 weeks I deleted the yahoo account on my evo and then took out the battery and then reentered the email address and NOW it it working fine. no idea why it stoppped working in the 1st place! I was hoping that I didnt have to do a hard reset as you lose all yr apps/pics/etc. They made me do a hard reset when my phone wouldnt go to landscape when I turned the phone on its side...
  4. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Mine stopped all weekend too. Now as of 8am today I started getting them again. I looked for a setting wondering if maybe the yahoo mail app was like the stock mail and could setup mon-fri 8-5 push only or something. No luck...
  5. ShaneV

ShaneV Active Member

Did you have WiFi on at any point while it wsant working, my experience has been if WiFi is on you cant pop mail from yahoo with the standard HTC mail app. If its on 3g it works fine.

The yahoo mail app seems to work over wifi though
  6. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Nope, don't use wi-fi here
  7. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

Well 2 things:

1. Yahoo mail wont work over anything but 3g on froyo (have no idea why).
    2. If you are using a non-sense rom (like cm6), you need to set up your incoming and outgoing mail servers differently than under sense.

In: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Out: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

You have to.set these up manually.