• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yahoo mail stopped working on Htc Desire

samjaykay

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
My yahoo mail has been working fine for the last year on my htc desire but then today it said

"Cannot connect to the server. Please check the network settings and then try again".
I deleted my account and tried to reset it up but I just get the message

"cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. your server is not responding"

I have looked at some similar older posts that suggest to go to yahoo mail on a pc, account settings, pop and forwarding and allow pop forwarding. I have done this but it makes no difference.
I have been searching for answers for over a hour any help would be appreciated.
Sam x:mad:

My yahoo mail has been working fine for the last year on my htc desire but then today it said

"Cannot connect to the server. Please check the network settings and then try again".

Same here.....been fine for over 6 months then went funny last night and now won't work at all. gmail.com is fine, my hotmail.co.uk is fine but the yahoo.co.uk says network error when you try and sync it and then gets the same messages as you when I tried to delete and re set up the account. Very odd! :thinking:

I've now downloaded the Yahoo mail app from the android market which seems to work fine though its annoying to have to check it separately.

Upvote 0
These settings should get you up and running again using the HTC Desire email with a yahoo account.

Select to set manually.

Incoming settings

Protocol: IMAP

Enter your complete email address for user name, example: master_yoda@yahoo.co.uk

Enter password as normal.

IMAP server: imap-ssl.mail.yahoo.com

Security type: None

Server port: 143

Outgoing server settings

Check the box for Login required

Enter your complete email address again for user name

Enter password as normal again.

SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

server port: 587

Cheers

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks a lot it worked. I have been struggling for long time to get it working and I am really very greatful to you for providing the solution.

Thanks again.
Karthick Nune

These settings should get you up and running again using the HTC Desire email with a yahoo account.

Select to set manually.

Incoming settings

Protocol: IMAP

Enter your complete email address for user name, example: master_yoda@yahoo.co.uk

Enter password as normal.

IMAP server: imap-ssl.mail.yahoo.com

Server port: 143

Outgoing server settings

Check the box for Login required

Enter your complete email address again for user name

Enter password as normal again.

SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

server port: 587

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones