Yahoo Mail stopped workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. GMANLIVE

GMANLIVE Active Member This Topic's Starter

My Yahoo mail stopped working today. VZ set it up but now it says my username and password are wrong. I went it and made sure they were right and they are and checked online and it work..weird ..anyone with a similar issue?

Advertisement
  2. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

Do you have a plus account?

3. GMANLIVE

What is a plus account? They guy at VZ set my email up when I bought the Droid.

4. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

In order to access a yahoo mail account through a means other than the web browser you have to purchase a plus account. I would say you got lucky for the first few days. A way around it would be to set yahoo to forward to a gmail account that you can access via POP3 for free.

You can read more about it here.

5. GMANLIVE

Nope..not the plus issue it apparently won't get email when on WIFI..guess I didn't realize that. Once I turned off the wifi it worked fine.

6. dmgabe

dmgabe Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you figured it out. Just for my information, did you have a plus account or no? If you don't, I hate to say it, but it may become an issue in the future. I am just curious if you have the plus account and it is a wifi problem or you don't have a plus account and they just aren't blocking access from the cellular networks.

7. dlp211

dlp211 Active Member

You don't need a plus account to get yahoo mail on your android based phone. It goes through IMAP instead of POP3. It realizes that it is going out to a mobile so it doesn't mind...but when you hook up to WiFi then it thinks you are just a normal desktop which yahoo blocks.

8. melsreturn

melsreturn New Member

I don't have a Plus Account. It was working fine yesterday. Today, nothing will make it work! I've used all sorts of web helps, I've done pop, I've done Imap, you name it. Time after time, used the directions from different websites and nada, nothing. User name & password issue. I give up.

9. hiway

hiway Active Member

I've had the same issue since the 29th of November. I find it hard to believe you have to have a paid account with Yahoo! for it to work since this feature works fine on Sprint with the HTC Hero phone.

I think it might be more an issue with Verizon and Yahoo! and not the phone. The issue being how email is checked etc.

10. wirelessguy79

wirelessguy79 Member

Strange. My Yahoo stopped working out of the blue on my Sprint HTC HERO. The odd part is today I was fooling around my phone and turned off the WiFi and my emails started rolling in... So not sure how long this will last since Yahoo backs you into a wall with the Plus account. Just thought I would pass this along.

11. skay333

skay333 New Member

Mine too. Just stopped working today. Worked fine for about 24 days. Then suddenly today, it is unable to log in. The combined mail box is nice, but only if it works. I am frustrated with this yahoo e-mail compatibility with android.