• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Mail synch schedule?

royta

Jun 13, 2010
It doesn't appear I can change the synch schedule for Yahoo Mail. I'm on the latest version, which is 1.4.6. I believe the older versions wouldn't synch until you opened the app. This new version synchs all the time, which I don't like. I don't want Yahoo Mail using data & battery until I want it to. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

I believe that Yahoo will always push any new emails to your phone. If you do not want that, you can remove the Yahoo account and then log in (ie add yahoo account back in) each time you want to see your email. Or alternatively, switch off your mobile network and wifi until you want your emails. I do not have a data plan and only access my yahoo when wifi is available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones