• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Guys if you need settings for yahoo and yahoo plus you welcome:)::):)
Yahoo! Mail Settings
Yahoo Mail offers standard POP3 access for receiving emails incoming through your Yahoo mailbox, by using your favorite email client software. To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:
  • Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)
  • Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)
POP Yahoo! Mail Plus email server settings
  • Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)
  • Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)

Upvote 0
Maybe you need this to?:):):)

Hotmail Settings
As other web based email services, Hotmail is using the HTTP protocol for connecting you to your mailbox. If you want to send and receive Hotmail emails using an email client software, then your software must support Hotmail HTTP access for your email account. Some email clients, such as Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook, offer builtin support for Hotmail accounts, so you only have to select HTTP when you are asked to select your email account type and select Hotmail as the HTTP Mail Service Provider.

Mail Server Settings for Hotmail using the Microsoft Outlook Connector

If you are using Microsoft Outlook & the Outlook Connector, you can define your Hotmail account just like any regular POP3 email account:
  • Hotmail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.live.com (logon using Secure Password Authentification - SPA, mail server port: 995)
  • Hotmail Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.live.com (SSL enabled, port 25)

Upvote 0
And this:)
MSN Mail Settings
The MSN email service allows you to use the MSN POP3 and SMTP servers to access your MSN mailbox.
  • MSN Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop3.email.msn.com (port 110, using Secure Password Authentication - SPA)
  • MSN Outgoing Mail Server - smtp.email.msn.com (select "My outgoing server requires authentication")

Upvote 0
More??? OK

Lycos Mail Settings
The Lycos Mail Plus service allows you to use POP3 and SMTP servers for accessing your Lycos mailbox.
  • Lycos Mail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.lycos.com (port 110)
  • Outgoing Mail Server - smtp.mail.lycos.com or use your local ISP SMTP mail server
AOL Mail Settings
The AOL email service is a web based system, designed for managing your AOL mailbox via HTTP IMAP access. Unlike Hotmail, you can use any email client to access your AOL mailbox, as long as it supports the IMAP protocol.
  • AOL Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) - imap.aol.com (port 143)
  • AOL Outgoing Mail Server - smtp.aol.com or use your local ISP SMTP mail server
Mail.com Mail Settings
The Mail.com email service allows you to use POP3 and SMTP servers for accessing your Mail.com mailbox.
  • Mail.com Mail Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop1.mail.com (port 110)
  • Outgoing Mail Server - use your local ISP SMTP mail server
Netscape Internet Service Mail Settings
The Netscape e-mail system is web-based, which means you can access their e-mail from any Internet connection. Netscape Internet Service also supports AOL

Upvote 0
Guys if you need settings for yahoo and yahoo plus you welcome:)::):)
Yahoo! Mail Settings
Yahoo Mail offers standard POP3 access for receiving emails incoming through your Yahoo mailbox, by using your favorite email client software. To setup your email client for working with your Yahoo account, you need to select the POP3 protocol and use the following mail server settings:
  • Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)

• Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)
POP Yahoo! Mail Plus email server settings
  • Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

• Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)

I had hoped once again I'd found the answer to getting my rocketmail on my phone but nope, doesn't work. Maybe I'll try contacting yahoo support.

Upvote 0
I just returned a Moment that would not even let me set up my Yahoo mail account. Went to the Sprint store--thinking it was an Android issue, tried to set up my mail on the Hero demo (Stupid, stupid!), assuming it would not work--my mail went right on it!! They had to hard reset it for me to get my mail off the demo. Anyway... just ordered a Hero hoping that would not be an issue. Is Yahoo mail an issue with the Hero too? I will not get mine until Monday.

Upvote 0
One of my coworkers is having trouble setting up his yahoo mail. I can't use my Hero to test it out since it's not active, but I set up my Moment no problem with the settings that were recommended for the Droid:

• Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
  • Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
  • Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
  • Press

Upvote 0
My personal ISP is PacBell.net/AT&T...They contract with Yahoo for EM. I've set it up several times in my Hero, POP and SMTP with SSL...It always works well for a few days then just stops working...No errors, just stops connecting. The only fix I've found is to delete the account and reinstall it...Got tired of doing that and just rely on my work account which is Exchange.

Upvote 0
Sod in post #28 has the best fix that's worked for me, but i just go to airplane mode then back out. it's worked about 7 times so far as i get the "login failed" message about every other day. i think getting a new ip addy fixes it. yahoo just trying to make you pay or use m.yahoo mail.

-s

I've had a Plus account with Yahoo and still have the "login failed" problem when my Wifi is on.

Upvote 0
Yesterday my yahoo mail was telling me "login failed".

I did a factory bare metal reset this morning.
It will not allow me to login anymore VIA IMAP
WiFi off no downloaded aps runing.

In the setup for incomming servers it says username/password incorrect.
I even changed my yahoo password just to make sure.

I have a Yahoo Plus account.

Anyone else have this happen?

UPDATE: I used the PLUS POP settings above for plus.pop.mail.yahoo and that works.
I wonder if Yahoo is doing someting and shuting of imap access to plus accounts?

Art

Upvote 0
I tried multiple times to det up yahoo, worked for a while, then quit. Read on another thread to go into you yahoo account settings and change preference to yahoo asia. I tried this and it has worked perfectly ever since as a pop account and can access using wifi. The reason for this is that yahoo asia does not require payment for yahoo mail plus and includes forwarding thorough pop. Also, dont worry, as long as you dont change your location, everything is still the same and in English.

So I had to switch back to Yahoo Classic in order to get to the 'Preferences' and change it to Yahoo Asia (then switched back to new Yahoo mail) and it works, I no longer get the 'Auth." error.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones