Yahoo MailSupport

Last Updated:

1. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I am having an issue with Yahoo mail on my D2. It was working fine yesterday, but today I have been getting a connection error in my notification bar. Says that Yahoo can not connect. So it takes me to a setting page where I can only change my password. So I re-typed in my password, to make sure it was correct, and I get a msg back saying that it can't connect to the host. Then I tried removing the account completely, so I could start from scratch, and I am getting a msg saying "Your request was denied, please try again". I have tried multiple times, but same deal.

Does anyone know of a way to remove the account another way? Or what would be denying me from doing so?

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

Try the Yahoo mail app
  3. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I actually figured out it was because I was on WiFi, which is strange within itself that it would not work.

So I will check out this Yahoo app. Hope it does push.
  4. Super_Six_Two

Yahoo mail pushes for a while, then stops, then will push again. Very well designed. :)
  5. LOL DROID

LOL DROID Well-Known Member

What do you mean by push?
  6. Super_Six_Two

Sent to the phone as soon as it arrives as apposed to poll where it checks for new mail on a schedule.
    LOL DROID likes this.
  7. stakeouttoo

stakeouttoo New Member

I have my Droid 2 all of about 2 weeks.. had same trouble with Yahoo mail... got the Yahoo Mail app.. been w*rking fine ever since.. try it .. it's FREE and in the Market
  8. LOL DROID

LOL DROID Well-Known Member

Ahh, thank you for the clarification.
  9. rickymok

rickymok New Member

I was trying to login from Yahoo app on my Droid 2 it said " Login failed-Your account is locked, Please sign into Yahoo via a web browser to unlock your account" but I can't find any where from Yahoo to unlock it after I log in to yahoo by using a web browser. Anyone can help? Thank you very much. Problem fixed!! Thank you, I just went to yahoo and change my password then log in again with a new password, it worked.