Yay, Camera enhancement

Last Updated:

1. mooshell

mooshell Active Member This Topic's Starter

Since the 2.1 update last week...

Okay, it's probably common knowledge but I just found out earlier today that I can actually send a photo now without resizing it for a SMS/MMS messages: the photos get converted automatically, sweet! :p

Also, photos are much, much better

Just a few things that make my Hero an awesome phone.

Eeek, wrong forum, dangit!

Advertisement
  2. A_Guy

A_Guy Active Member

Handcent already resized it automatically before 2.1, but it is certainly a nice feature to have stock :D

3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Elaborate please...

What size photo did you select to send and what size was received by the recipient? Some may like the AUTOmatic feature, but I wouldn't like that. Also, is it converted only when sending SMS/MMS or also via mail? Have you tried that? Just interested to see if you know more before I start playing around with this myself.

On a side note, I like the new camera menus, but the camera function seems now, to be more... laggy (sorry for lack of a better word). I have found turning OFF the Auto-focus had the best result relieving some of the lag between pressing orb for pic and the shutter actually taking it (sometimes 2-3 sec's or even longer).

Anyway, thanks for info!
    :)

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

DC 2.08 had an extremely laggy camera as well (very slow shutter speed). the Kool-Aid ROM has a much better shutter speed. Not sure how the official 2.1 does in regards to shutter speed and overall camera operation