Advertisement
  2. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

4. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

<cry> WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO IT?:(

The Incredible looks horrible in that glossed white. If they wanted to do a special edition, perhaps something more like an all aluminum shell, anodized matte black, and have the wall of the "tiers" on the back annodized matte red. <drool>

The Incredible HD sounds pretty interesting. Course...the way things have always gone for the Inc, that probably means it's about 9 months out still:)

5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I think the white looks horrible. the mysterious device on the other hand.. hell yea. Id rather paint the back myself dark green.

6. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Not even to mention with how crappy the back door is, who the heck uses their incredible with a case, I can't even do it, it just squeaks and creeks too much.

7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The pics look identical to the Incredible, just with a white back. Proportionately everything is the same. I won't hold my breath for this one.

8. CatsTide

9. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I guess it actually is the same. It's like an add-on accessory if you will, for us Incredible owners. As if the door was built well enough to use without a case. OR as if it even looks good lol. In my mind that thing is crap. who wants white back on an all black phone?
    Sorry but id take red over white anyday.

10. AFGixxeR

AFGixxeR Well-Known Member

I think the white phone posted above is the same as ours just white, kinda like the iphone 4 is coming out with a white one. the mysterious phone link is supposed to be the Inc HD

11. CatsTide

that mysterious phone will be my next phone

12. dhays90

dhays90 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like the new white cover just a little but I wouldn't go get it changed or upgrade to a incredible hd

13. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

4.3" screens are way too big... They need to stick with the 3.7" form factor and boost the screen resolution, then I'm in.

14. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I'm with J

15. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

16. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

17. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

That EVO-ish phone is sexy, but it could be anything, Merge? Scorpion? VZ really loves Android :D

18. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Verizon makes a phone and drops it. they have a good idea, build from it. I guess the moto droid2 is the only example

19. AFGixxeR

AFGixxeR Well-Known Member

If it comes out where you can put the white back on the phone I may get it just to have variety. If I ever got an Iphone I would get a white one, I think it looks clean. A red case cover would look very nice though..

20. Droidguru

Droidguru Active Member

21. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I agree with the red, and I said I hated the white, but for the right price, I'd pop on it.

The thing I don't understand, the back battery door is so crappy and flimsy that it actually is loose and doesn't fit well at all. (For me anyway.) To the point that I think most users you a case, so won't have any interest in this whatsoever, so that right away kills the clientele base.

22. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

Meh. They lost me at "reportedly has bigger display size similar to that of Droid X and HTC EVO 4G". 4.3 is too big for me. It seems like we are going backwards on the evolutionary line right now. Devices were getting smaller and smaller, now they're getting bigger and bigger. Big screens are cool, but I like my phones to actually fit in my pocket.

@ACD168 - I dont think its Verizon's fault that they are constantly adding and dropping phones. I just think thats the way Android is moving right now. The OS is changing all the time and its changing pretty quickly. So manufacturers are just keeping up with the curve and constantly putting out new phones that are better than their old ones. So the carriers drop the old phone and replace it with a new one.

23. Joshuahist

Joshuahist Well-Known Member

Just me, but how many phone have lasted more than a year or two anyway? Usually any new phone is replaced by a better (or at least newer one) within months, much less years. No company worth its salt will continue to sell an outdated product.

However you would think that a good company would look at sales of a product before decommissioning it for good. If the Dinc is selling great, why stop selling it?

24. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Well that's an easy one... it's because Verizon doesn't make phones :D

As for why cell phone manufacturers make phones and then "drop them", it's because they are not dropping them. They are simply improving them. The only difference between cell phone manufacturing and any other electronic manufacturing is that cell phones put a whole new name on their product instead of calling it *same-phone-2*, *same-phone-3*, *same-phone-4*, etc.

The only real reason that Apple even does it is because the iPhone brand is so damn popular and recognizable.