Yea, I kinda need help updating, can you check this out?Support

Last Updated:

1. FactoryMoment

FactoryMoment New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey whats up, okay i wont get off-topic now, so I just got my samsung moment literally a few hours ago (about 11, if im not mistaken) and i saw that there was this whole buzz about the update to 2.1 so i was like "dude thats awesome! i want it" so i went to the website and did all the crap and read the instructions and all that but when i get to the part when it says to plug the phone with the USB cable to computer, well i do that part but, the phone is never discovered by the updater(i dont know its real name) and im stuck there, so if anyone can help me it would awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

Maybe the drivers did not load.

Go to the folder /program file/samsung electronics/driver

from there run the samsung_mobile_usb_driver installer and see if that helps.

I had to do that for mine.

3. musikat

musikat Well-Known Member

Are you running Windows 7? Some operating systems have trouble recognizing this phone in the first place. I had to do the update on a Windows XP computer

Try plugging in the phone to the computer and seeing if you can mount it (pull down the menu from the top of the phone and click on USB connected. Then click mount. see if something happens).

there is all kinds of advice for getting the drivers to work on the computer. I haven't seen mine before, though, so what I did to get the computer to see the phone was to download the app "easytether" from the market and follow the direction.

4. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

5. kingp

kingp Well-Known Member

I had this same issue. I had to update my phone on my Wife's XP system. I have Windows 7 on my computer, and the PC can detect it when I'm at the desktop and I connect the phone to the USB cable, however it doesn't connect when I try to run the updater. Makes me wonder how well they tested this on Windows 7...

6. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit and had no problems with the old or new flash utility from Samsung. (Other than user error, the phone wouldn't detect if I left the USB cable plugged in when entering download mode.)

7. DGlacier

DGlacier Member

if it does not connect, unplug it from the usb and plug it to another usb port. works for me . I had the same issue and I was like ,damn USb ports, so now when i do updates, i do that and voila!

8. travisp864

travisp864 New Member

I am running Win7 ultimate 32 as well and I had to unplug the USB to get it to go into download mode.