yeababby

Last Updated:

1. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

NEW iPhone 4 Coming to Verizon Wireless

rate or flag this pageTweet this
    By Tech God

The new iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon Wireless! That's right, it will be making it's debut on the reliable Verizon Wireless network in January of 2011. The iPhone 4 is sleeker and sexier than the 3GS and you will get all the hot APP's from iTunes and a multi-touch screen that will blow your mind with it's accuracy.

The new iPhone 4 boasts a lot of HOT features and upgrades ... such as:
    High Definition Camcorder
    High Definition Camera with Flash

Messaging indicator light
    Multi Tasking
    Unified mailbox messages
    Extended battery life
    iChat
    True built in GPS

Everyone knows the iPhone 4 is a huge improvement from the 3G. But will Verizon Wireless make it's debut as 4G? Or just iPhone4 with 3G speeds?
    Fact still remains... you can not customize your SMS text message tones.. but will now be able to customize your wallpaper... which brings us to the most important question... will Verizon Wireless lock down its network and features with the APP store.. like ATT does?
    For example, when using ATT, you can not use Skype unless your on WIFI because ATT prevents it... you can't use Sling Player (or sling box) unless on WIFI because ATT prevents that too... (there a little scared of their network handling all that data) AND with the new iPhone 4, you can not use iChat unless on WIFI!
    Will Verizon Wireless become the iPhone savior? Allowing it to truly harness ts true abilities and power...and give you true freedom to use your device, how you want, when you want, wherever you want? OR will it just be available on another network with the same restrictions?
    Then again... Verizon Wireless does have "the most coverage"....or that's what they say anyway...

What do you think?

Advertisement
  2. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Um, says who? I see a random article that claims this, but no reliable sources.
    Also, why should we care?

k00ey likes this.
  3. smacky

smacky Banned

VZW would not settle for a 3GS. If anything, they would take the iPhone 5 next June. Before AT&T and T-Mobile.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Now that I've tasted the freedom of open-source Android, why on earth would I want to switch to some puckered-up, closed platform like Apple?

Sorry, not interested.

skunkpbguy likes this.
  5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

what forum is this again.. I am I lost or is the OP lost?

6. k00ey

k00ey Well-Known Member

+1

7. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

I think this topic serves no purpose in a Motorola Droid forum.

8. obstar85

obstar85 Well-Known Member

I'm confused on why I should care. If I wanted an iPhone wouldn't I have bought one and dealt with the horrible service ATT provides?

9. bleedGreen

you can certainly breakthephone. there are apps in the market for nonLocked *phones...i researched

10. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

What do I think? I think that I really don't care, as I'm sure most on this ANDROID forum won't. The only reason to post this in such a forum is obviously to get some kind of flame war started.

Or did you just want to be the first to post this news somewhere and figured a forum where noone cares about the iphone would be the only way you could?

11. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Read it carefully. I don't think it was implying that VZ might get the iPhone 3GS. Rather it might get an iPhone 4 (but on VZs 3G network, as opposed to it's up and coming 4G network). It's hard to say. I don't give this rumor a lot of credit, but lets assume that VZ was actually getting an iPhone pretty soon. It's hard to tell if they would want to roll it out as soon as possible (and have it on their 3G network), or wait a little longer and make it for their 4G network. Personally I think they would wait for 4G.

12. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Each to his/her own. I'm getting rather tired of my Droid; this is good news to hear. Android is good, and so is the iPhone. It's up to the consumer to decide which one they like better, so stop bashing the guy. He merely wants your opinions

13. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

What you consider "bashing" is what I consider a reasonable response, given that it was posted in an ANDROID FORUM. Trust me: if I start bashing somebody, you'll really recognize it when it happens. Thankfully I'm pretty mellow these days and not easily ruffled :p

14. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Well-Known Member

I would not own a iPhone if they were giving them away.

15. jacobydarkon

jacobydarkon Member

I, for one, wanted the Iphone on Verizon..... until I got of taste of what Android is all about. Open source is the future. There will be no room left for iOS and any Apple generated device once people start to realize the full potential of Android. I myself enjoy putting custom roms on my D1. It is really interesting, to say the least, of what the developers have put together. I really don't care anymore what kind of Iphone comes out because the OS will always be proprietary. Not much more can be done with it.

That is why I will no longer consider getting an Iphone.

MrDeeJ and riffdex like this.
  16. djfrost

djfrost Well-Known Member

i'm on the same boat.

i just rooted my D1...and i am loading ROMs...the freedom of the Android OS is so appealing. once people understand that open source is the future...then iPhone will make no sense...

just my 2 cents...

17. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

_ _ _ _ iPhones!

18. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Well-Known Member

I would like a notice BY Verizon saying they will take the iPhone, but last I heard they were actually backing out since Apple refuses to let Verizon look at the base code for security purposes and Verizon cannot and will not allow a phone on their network without being able to know they are secure.

Although I am curious, if your going to put it on the Android forums, why put them on the Moto Droid forum and not the lounge?

19. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Nice little write up by Tech god...right next to "The FAST Way to MAKE MONEY ONLINE". I am sure the source is just as credible as the sources that were saying the same thing last January.

20. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

What the hell is this crap doing in our Droid forum? Make it go away.

21. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

I wanted an iPhone a couple years ago, until I got a Droid. Why would I want a kid's toy when I have a Droid? :)

MrDeeJ likes this.
  22. yohankenobi

yohankenobi Well-Known Member

I would!!!! Just to sell it those I*hone fanboys who are willing to shell out that cash yea buddy! And take that cash and me a new android phone!

23. bleedGreen

I wanted to hear what some people thought of this "idea". I am limited to people around that DO have a Droid.....MANY have a *phone or something that want to be a Droid.....so b4 you think the say in a posh voice, "well I never" there are reasons for evrything. I really think Vehtemas has a very good point, that is why I quoted it.