Yep another gripe....

Last Updated:

1. Bugzy3188

Bugzy3188 Member This Topic's Starter

I have had mixed emotions about this phone since day one seeingas I haven't actually been hands on with the evo its hard for me to say if I made the right choice. One of the deciding factors for me was that this is my first smart phone and the physical keyboard would come in handy for me. But Why why why ?!? Did they make it a left handed keyboard??? Nothin against leftys but you guys are the minority. Everytime I want to use my keyboard I have to awardly position my rght hand while holding the phone with my left and I usually end up hitting something on the screen during the process. On my old phone ...an lg rumor2 lol.. I could flip the keyb oard up in one smooth motion and I used it all the tim..now I use it so little that I'm one of the I wish it weren't there people.....it is just annoying and frankly doesn't make much sense...that seems like a huge oversight for such a top notch phone.....

Btw the horrible typing u see is a direct result of the stupid touch keyboard.....I can't type on my phone!!!

Advertisement
  2. allhailcale

allhailcale Member

Personally, I dig the keyboard. I use swype about 80-90% of the time, but it's really nice to have the physical keyboard for longer emails and if nothing else for a nice change of pace. I guess I just like to have the option. I also have big hands, so the keyboard doesn't feel terribly awkward or overly when I use it. Of course, that's just me...

3. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

A left handed keyboard? I am right handed and I love this keyboard.

4. sleipner

sleipner Active Member

almost every device I am aware of unfolds or slides the same way as the Epic, there isn't anything left-handed about it afaik

5. dr.pepper1

dr.pepper1 Well-Known Member

Considering that leftys, such as myself, are in the extreme minority, I highly doubt that Samsung made what they consider a left-handed keyboard. My previous phone's keyboard (AT&T Tilt) slid the same way (push on the left side of screen to open). I far as I can tell, most sliders work this way. Some examples: Droid, Droid2, LG Ally, Samsung Intercept, Moto Devour.

I understand that you are saying that you can't just hold the phone in your right hand and push the right side of the screen with your thumb to open, but since most sliders don't do this, I'm sure there is some other reason why. It's certainly not to make them left-handed friendly. FWIW, I hold the phone with my right hand, since I use my left hand for inputs. Maybe they assume you are holding it in your left hand and using your right hand to use the touchscreen, so as a righty you could easily slide the phone open.

6. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

it would be nice if the home & search hard keys swapped places with menu & back . actually just because i said so they should be there lol.

7. ewarren29

ewarren29 Well-Known Member

u can calibrate touch keyboard too

8. TheAlien

TheAlien Well-Known Member

shoot me