Yep, Bing has been killed!Support

Last Updated:

1. dfgged

dfgged Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 1, 2010
    I've manages to pretty much completely get rid of bing on my Continuum. It's exactly the same as on the fascinate, except for the apk name. I didn't get TiB pro, so I can't freeze the apk in the app drawer. It's a simple enough process, tutorial below.

1)You need to root your phone. Here is how I did it:

2) Now grab the file at the end of the post: Now go into the market, search and download either LauncherPro, or ADW.Launcher.

3) Install the file you downloaded from the droid forums.

4) You're now going to need Root Explorer, or something like it. Using the app you chose, goto:
    In that folder, you need to find a file called that says something like: I_400_BingSearchAndroid_####2010.apk
    All you have to do is put a .old or .bak after the .apk. You could also just delete it completely.

5) Now click the home button, and check the check box. Select LauncherPro, and Tada! Bing is no longer your search widget. If you want to get rid of the bing app, continue, if you don't care like me, you're done.

6) In order to get rid of the bing app, you're going to need Titanium Backup Pro. Find the bing app and freeze it, you can also do this to make all the Verizon bloatware doesn't show up.

2. thenicole84

thenicole84 Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Just got my continuum today, and I'm requesting it.