YES! Bluetooth file transfer works!General

Last Updated:

1. mobilehavoc

mobilehavoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In case people hadn't tried, it appears BT file transfer works perfectly with the Incredible. I paired it with my Macbook with no issues and then was able to send over a file to my Incredible via BT. Came across perfectly fine. Goes in the sdcard\downloads\bluetooth\ folder.

This phone just keeps getting better. :cool:

Advertisement
  2. mikeydingo

mikeydingo Well-Known Member

yea thats how i put swype on my phone i transferred it from my mac book pro to my DINC nice and easy

3. finalride

finalride Member

I have transfered whole podcasts like 56 mgb files perfectly fine....

4. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

N I C E ! ! !

But I still like networking the INC using Estrongs.

5. khanusma

khanusma Active Member

I was able to transfer files from windows xp as well.

6. GuyUlm

GuyUlm New Member

I have a bluetooth dongle that I have successfully used to transfer files to & from my Samsung Delve but cannot get there with my incredible. My phone says "Paired but not connected" & my computer shows that the only "services" available with this device are "headset gateway" & "object push". I have tried a number of things & I really expected this much higher level phone to make file transfers easier. I am running a PC with windows XP. Suggestions?

7. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

Used bluetooth file transfer last night to transfer an album from one Incredible to another. It was quick and easy.

8. dack70

dack70 Member

Bluetooth transfer from PC to phone works great. However, I can't seem to go in the other direction. Anyone else have this problem?

DCNATS1 likes this.
  9. DCNATS1

DCNATS1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for asking this question as I'm having the same issue! I can move files from my Macbook to the Incredible, but cannot send files from the phone to the Mac. So yes even though I'm not using a P.C., I'm having the same issue.
    Can anyone help?

10. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

yup, found out on the first day of owning the incredible.

11. scubadown

scubadown Active Member

Same here, please help

12. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

I'm having a similar problem. Though I can discover and pair the phone, I have no services available. My bluetooth apps (Astro and Bluetooth File Transfer) won't successfully detect object push or file transfer services on my PC. I was able to send a file over using basic transfer through windows but it was painfully slow (canceled a transfer of 5.6MB after 10 minutes). I'm thinking it's drivers on my computer. Using a generic BT dongle with Windows Vista 32.

13. Jermflux

Jermflux Active Member

Some computers to not automatically receive BT files. Go to your PC task-bar, click your BT icon, and then click "receive a file". Then send the file from your device and pick a folder to save it to on your PC (I suggest BT exchange folder under documents).

themonk likes this.
  14. bigtwenty

bigtwenty Member

This was easy, just pair the device, then go up to the bluetooth icon on the macbook, Browse device, select the phone and say get. Your phone will prompt you to authorize the request, then you can browse the phones folders. I mean, it would be nice to be able to click on a picture and share via bluetooth. But thats the best way to do it for now. hope this helps.

*****Edit*********
    I just clicked on a picture on the icredible, and clicked share and bluetooth, sent it to my macbook no problems. hmmmm....

15. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Is it possible to send files via bluetooth over two bluetooth enabled phones?

16. closhedbb

closhedbb Well-Known Member

Depends on the phones involved, but I have done it from my Storm to my Inc.

17. mikeb13

mikeb13 Member

try the app called BUMP. right now in the free version i think you can only transfer contacts, pics, and other apps though.

18. Kyleinstyle

Kyleinstyle Active Member

Not a bluetooth solution but for a fantastic file transfer app try Awesome Drop

19. aarn660

aarn660 Active Member

Another great transfer app is dropbox. Very easy to use if your BT decides to malfunction. It's what I use since I do not have a BT enables PC

20. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member

i use dropbox to get things onto my phone, as bluetooth never seems to work.

i have a macbook. i pull down the bluetooth icon in the top bar, go to 'browse device.'
    then on the phone, i make it discoverable. the phone pops up in the computer's window.

when i click on the phone to browse it, i'm told the phone 'lacks the necessary services.'

weird.

21. Rakul Nitescar

Rakul Nitescar New Member

I send images via BT to my wife's LG Envy touch all the time so as long as the other phone supports it (most do now it seems) yes/

22. Pafboing

Pafboing New Member

THANKS A MILLION !!! :D
    Even though I'm on Windows XP, procedure is the same, and it works, WHEN the Bluetooth icon deigns to show up in the system tray/notification area of XP.