• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yes, I know, it's death, taxes and... batteries.

mid

Lurker
Feb 24, 2012
I am new to Samsung, Dart. I received it a couple of days ago.
I quite naively read Dart's specs (e.g.: 'phonearena') with its battery promised stand-by time 288 (yes, nearly three hundred) hours.

I charged it over night, and yesterday I did not talk at all, wi-fi and GPS being off. The battery was drained by about 6 pm. All-in-all it was on its own for ~10 hours.

Could you please comment on the fact? I want it to remain alive at least over a weekend (go out of town on Friday, a couple of "How are you?" calls, morning news, pizza order online, back home on Monday).
Should I read "Warranty" documentation?
Please advise.
Best regards,

--Igor

I have tried other batteries, but none were as good as the original. I haven't run the stock rom in quite a while, I have been using Cyanogenmod, it does help and you might want to try it out. Otherwise if you want to stick with stock roms try the Mobilicity one, it doesn't have all of the extra crap that t-mobile put on there. Here are some links for you.

If you want to root the SGH-T499, superoneclick does work. SuperOneClick | shortfuse.org

You can gratis(free) sim/network unlock this phone very easily, you must do this on one of the original stock roms: xda-developers [TUTORIAL] Unlock Samsung [GT-S5570 / i5500 / Galaxy Ace]

The stock T-mobile and Mobilicity(Very Clean/Stock/Canadian) roms for the T499 are available here: [Archive] Stock ROMs and Tools

CyanogenMod 7.2 being worked on for this device, have a look at [UPDATED] [Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499) - MADTeam Forum

If I helped you at all, please click Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones