Yes, the 32GB SanDisk micro SD card *DOES* work with the Droid

1. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

I posted this in the Droid X section, but I figured people here might have some insight as well;

Based on this: http://www.androidcentral.com/sites...-x-accessories/DROID X _Accessories FINAL.pdf

See Page 3.

Think my plan will work? :D

Advertisement
    :
  2. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

3. ashb

ashb Member

The Droid X doesn't come with a 32gb card. It comes with a 16gb card (expandable to 32gb) and 8gb of internal storage.

Update: I see what you're saying. No, I don't think it will work.
  4. softscrubb

softscrubb Member

well... that is technically theft and they hopefully would charge you the replacement cost out of the return. but.. as was stated.. you don't get 3gbs.

scrubb
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

2 things:

$99 is not 50% of $149, it is more like 67%...

I just did a search and you can get a 32GB microSDHC from TopRAM (Class 4) for a bit less than that, but the SanDisks are all still in the $130+ range.
  6. El Blacksheep

The SanDisks are $200 from the SanDisk website, and every other 3rd party selling em for less has been a scam so far, hence the mention of 50%.

And seeing as I've never heard of TopRAM til now, I'm not sure I'd trust their products. As far as flash memory is concerned, I stick to (in no particular order) Transcend, SanDisk, Kingston, ADATA, Patriot, OCZ and Crucial.
  7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

8. El Blacksheep

9. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

There are reputable sellers offering SanDisk's 32GB microSD for less than $200. Provantage and J&R are never my top picks but they're not scam artists like many of the discount resellers.

That's because it wasn't from Amazon. The Amazon site lists products from other sellers. Look at the right hand side of the page for the product itself.
  10. jestexman

jestexman Well-Known Member

And i have it listed for 149.99 with my Company discount. What does it show for you guys.

Enter your location
  11. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

I get it for $112.49 bc 25% off

and it will work with the Moto Droid
  12. jestexman

hmm i dont think im getting a discount then.
  13. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

I just checked and the site says this SD card is not compatible with the original Droid. Where are you getting this info?
  14. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

To the OP...

I just asked my friend who works at a Verizon store how they would handle the situation you described. He said that your plan is a horrible idea. In fact, you'd end up paying more for the SD card than if you were to just buy it outright. First, they'd take out the difference (which is about $50) from your refund. Second, you'd be charged the automatic $35 restocking fee for all returned phones - even ones that have not been taken out of the box. So if you go with this grand scheme of yours, you'll end up paying $184.99 for an SD card that you could have had for $149.99.

And it's people like you who are always looking for a way to cheat the system who ruin things for the rest of us.
    JezterVA and blubill like this.
  15. tfleming23

tfleming23 Well-Known Member

On the positive, my discount says I can get it for $50. On the negative it says in 3 different places that it is not compatible with the Droid.
  16. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Restocking fee.
  17. El Blacksheep

lol @ the "people like you" comment. way to stick your head up your ass there, sir pompous.

nothing wrong with looking for the best deal. i ended up ordering it through vzw's website, and i'll be getting it delivered overnight for $125 and some change.

but hey you stick to your high horse and pay full retail for it, because that's what "people like you" do.

tool...
  18. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Well-Known Member

That's a load of crap. When we bought these phones we were promised capabilities of up to 32gb. There's a 32gb card in the wild and it doesn't work with the Droid? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  19. El Blacksheep

There's no reason it shouldn't work on the Droid. 32gb is still SDHC. Once SDXC cards are produced, those surely won't work with our Droids... but I see no reason for any micro SDHC to be incompatible.

My guess is that stuff about it not working with the Droid is just to push Droid X sales. Either way I'll find out when the 32gb card I ordered arrives. I chose overnight shipping so if it ships tonight, I might have it tomorrow night. Knowing my luck, I won't have it til monday -_-;
  20. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

$99.99.. curious to see from El Blacksheep if it works
  21. jestexman

So you going to help me out if i send you 50 and some change would you order one for me.
  22. tfleming23

tfleming23 Well-Known Member

lets find out if it works first.
  23. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

According to this: Enter your location , it is only $99 for a limited time. It also has free overnight shipping.

Kratos
    SherryS87 likes this.
  24. El Blacksheep

According to that, it's not a 32gb micro sd card. it's a 16gb.
  25. El Blacksheep

Strange... I submitted my order 5:45 AM... with overnight shipping, that should be plenty of time to process the order and put it on a truck, when the website says "by 3PM".

I still haven't got any "your order has shipped, here's your tracking number" email.