Yes, the 32GB SanDisk micro SD card *DOES* work with the Droid

Last Updated: 2010-08-09 20:53:45
  1. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

I did a search on the verizon website and it said 99.99 - $50.00 = $49.99.
    Didn't give an end date but when you hit the "buy" button the price changes. That is why I called and spoke to a rep. He took a while to see what I was seeing and then to get approval to give me the credit for it but it was worth the trouble.

P.S. El Blacksheep. I am sticking my tongue out at you. You big tease!

Advertisement
  2. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

FedEx just got to my house a few minutes ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    jestexman likes this.
  3. 2fasst

2fasst Active Member

how much is this card?
  4. El Blacksheep

$200 if you order it direct from SanDisk
    $150 if you order it from VZW
    $100 on VZW's special promotion
    $50 if you caught VZW's price mistake
    possibly less if you can weasel in an employee discount.
  5. 2fasst

2fasst Active Member

lol, i'll try for the bottom option.

Weird, I don't see a 32Gb card on Verizon's website?
  6. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

bummer...i got that same deal, called vzw, got them to see it, but they wouldn't credit me the difference :( maybe i should try another rep.
  7. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

8. webeougher

webeougher Well-Known Member

9. xavious85

xavious85 Well-Known Member

Say what!? What is the special promotion?
  10. El Blacksheep

It's $100 with a Droid X.

Except whoever priced it on the website didn't make the Droid X mandatory, so it's just $100. See for yourself.
  11. kokiangel

Well I got it for $30.99 from Verizon so that is the bar for all of ya'll to beat.
  12. kokiangel

You trying to make me feel bad that I got that employee discount? I did tell the rep that if I ordered it online it would give me a discount. He told me to do it anyway. Guess I got lucky for a change. I usually miss out on these deals.:)
  13. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get a discount on accessories through my company and its $100 either way.
  14. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I signed in, it shows $99 but then next to the item it says NEW DISCOUNT and that has a pop-up that says "Great News! Your Order qualifies for an additional discount." but I see no way to make that happen unless the $99 is the best discount. But, that would be odd as that was not there before I signed in so the signed in or signed out price was $99 and I see no way to initiate this "Great News! Your Order qualifies for an additional discount." offer.

not interested in actually buying, but just FYI...
  15. Lock-N-Load

given the Droid is clearly spec to run a 32gb card, not sure why anyone doubted it?
  16. El Blacksheep

Because VZW marketed the card saying it WONT work with the droid. Just easing some nervous buyers' suspicions.
  17. Funintegras

Funintegras Active Member

Never buy memory cards from ebay- especially if shipping from out of the US. Even if it says the real deal on it. I once purchased a sony 4gb MACH 2 card for my PSP, had sony packaging and everything. A month later, card broke, stop working somehow, i purchased a new one from target, and compared the two insides, I literally opened the cards up, you can definitly see the difference between the two. I wish i had pictures to show.
    Also, like someone commented above, i notice a big speed increase with the real deal.
    Go to local stores to by your memory cards. Try Frys electronics, they are usually pretty cheap.
  18. Lock-N-Load

huh, neither in your screen shot nor on the web - from the shopping cart - do I see such a notation about it not working with a Droid.

As well, they spec the Droid in their written specs to handle 32gb cards and given SanDisk is one of the kings of cards, so it can be trusted, not sure how you would actually hamstring a card to work in 1 phone and not another IF both phones can support a 32 gb card?

If I was in the market, I would have bought one and not thought twice knowing the Droid can take 32gb, knowing Sandisk makes it, and not knowing of anyway they could make it work on the Droid x and not work on the Droid. So to me, naturally it would work.

but I am sure it does ease some peoples 'concerns'
  19. Lock-N-Load

last xmas I bought 15 Sandisk cards off ebay and they were totally fine and totally legit and a fraction of the price of buying local. it is not about NEVER buy online or off eBay, it is about do your research... check photos, SKU's, feedback, description, sellers location, etc. I would totally buy memory cards off eBay. same with micro drives.
  20. El Blacksheep

[​IMG]

You don't have to convince me; I went ahead and bought it :p
    This thread is just proof for those who aren't as tech savvy.
  21. kokiangel

Looks like VZW fixed their boo boo as now the site says the card is $99. Congrats to all who got it while it was on "sale".
  22. El Blacksheep

I'm going to sleep now, as my pc slowly loads up my huuuuge sd card full of all kinds of goodies and nonsense :')

(actually all the goodies and nonsense are already on the card, all that's left is music :p)
  23. El Blacksheep

accidental double post.